R15 / Rthro Ragdolls

Is it normal if the ragdolls are frozen and only work when pressing R (on the demo file)?

9 Likes

I guess I can throw some fix in. I think I may have done something similar with animations. Ultimately these are bugs in the core scripts though where they don’t properly obey humanoid state, so it’d be great if Roblox fixed them.

If you’re standing completely still, then maybe, as the package may be able to support itself standing upright. Especially on Zero-G as there are no forces on it. If this happens in any way when you’re moving before you die though, that’s a bug. I’ll need a video or more information to look into it further.

12 Likes

It’s not actually the package itself, it’s really just the ragdolls being statues

6 Likes

@Quenty recently updated his NevermoreEngine to contain ragdolls. I believe it supports R6 and R15. You can find that here: https://github.com/Quenty/NevermoreEngine

14 Likes

Thanks for this! I will use this for when people die in my game.

9 Likes

Can you try to set this up in an empty baseplate to rule out any game-specific issues, and if you are still seeing this there, attach the file here?

10 Likes

Here.rbxl (18.0 KB)

5 Likes

You need both of the scripts linked in the OP. The one you inserted just shows how to use the ragdoll module – it doesn’t include it.

9 Likes

I combined the two models since so many people were having issues figure out that you needed both.

10 Likes

its great.
it would be even better if someone made it compatible with r6 :smiley:

7 Likes

the ragdoll doesn’t seem to work with the normal r15 rig form the animation rig builder
ragdem.rbxl (40.0 KB)

7 Likes

It looks like it’s because StarterCharacters don’t work properly with CharacterAppearanceLoaded. I’ve also noticed an issue where if you try to apply a HumanoidDescription, it will cause issues with the ragdoll.

I’ll look into using a smarter approach that works with character appearances changing / not being tied to the web when I get home today.

10 Likes

How can I disable bodies? It’s my first time using a ragdoll. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Wow this is awesome! Maybe one day I can achieve this level of physics development. lol

15 Likes

I was using this ragdoll, and I noticed that if my character gets exploded, the camera goes flying until it falls past the FallenPartsDestroyHeight. The ragdoll also moves if I’m in first person when my character is dead.

5 Likes

Not sure if you’re still having this problem, since it’s been around 18 days, but I found a fix to humanoids that have Character Appearance = false. Go to the “RagdollTestScript” script and change the following code.

function characterAdded(player, character)
	player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:wait()
	wait(0.1)

local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid")
	buildRagdoll(humanoid)
end

Change the above portion of code to the below portion, and it should work.

function characterAdded(player, character)
	player.Character:WaitForChild('Humanoid', 60)
	player.Character:WaitForChild('HumanoidRootPart', 60)
	wait(0.1)

local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid")
	buildRagdoll(humanoid)
end
9 Likes

u cud just remove the part that checks cahracter apreance

7 Likes

I have a problem where if you die and wait the ragdoll doesnt dissapear. And if you cant remove the ragdoll the game will lag. any fix so there is a time for when the ragdoll dissapears?

4 Likes

Did you read the post?

In addition, collision groups don’t help much here because you want to stop collisions between pairs of parts, not between all parts in a certain group. Moreover, with collision groups you need global state (i.e. you need to reserve one or multiple collision groups in the game), which seems more polluting/clumsy than using the constraints.

If you disable all character collision (even between parts of a player’s own character) then you can just leave the module as-is and it won’t affect anything. The few extra constraints won’t impact performance by any significant amount that you will be able to measure.

4 Likes

i have a question, i want to put the script in a game, how do i get rid of the sword an the bazooka thing without ruining the scripts?

4 Likes