Rail: Roblox lighting improvement tool

I understand why you would want to name it that way, but this does make the post misleading.

Also, if you’re interested in what ray-tracing actually looks like, there’s a very intuitive and easy-to-understand video on YouTube about it. However, I will warn you now: there’s a reason true ray-tracing has not been made on Roblox. Doing this is very memory intensive.

1 Like

RT PTGI is now renamed to RT OLS.
but there are all faults:
did you not read this?

it’s not real RTX, it’s just for fun and using.
even why you did not read it :confused:

We read it. The issue is the title says “RT” which stands for ray-tracing. The post gets viewed because of it’s title. By saying “it’s not RT” on the actual post will dismiss some people, seeing the title was misleading.

3 Likes

… You could literally just make an asset pack. This isn’t called a shader, this is called lighting settings. Anyone can make this. ._.
Why do you have hardware requirements, it’s literally just base Roblox.

1 Like

ok, i will switch it to OLS, and use it as an asset pack.
i will change the logo and the github page.

it’s pretty but it seems more efficient to drop an .rbxm of instances as there doesn’t seem to be any user-configurable options before the script instantiates them anyways. It would be a nifty timesaver if you implemented some configurables or even took this concept into plugin format with sliders to help those unfamiliar with tweaking lighting achieve some good looking stuff with simple toolage

for i, v in pairs(Lighting:GetChildren()) do
	if v then
		v:Destroy()
	end
end

is equivalent to game:GetService("Lighting"):ClearAllChildren()

minor nitpick but if Vignette == true then is the same as if Vignette then

i use this better because i’m working with it.

but i don’t use this one alot. thanks.

thanks for giving an explaination that best supports my statement :slight_smile:

is this a good idea of crediting?

I got it from Clean Up Roblox

I don’t see why you would ask for credit for something like this, as it is simply a script that implements lighting settings, which is easily achievable.

2 Likes

There is no point in using ipairs, because the only difference between the two is that ipairs will stop when it reaches a nil value, which is impossible to get in a table from :GetChildren.

You don’t even need to use pairs and ipairs anymore because of the (relatively) new generalized iteration:

for Index, Object in workspace:GetChildren() do
    -- New string interpolation feature too!
    -- https://devforum.roblox.com/t/2127058
    print(`{Object.Name} is very cool!`)
end
3 Likes

this credit place is much more cool, that would be good for your game.

1 Like

ok, because @Q_Q owns the skybox and i own the realistic graphics, because of that you’ll need to credit me!

i agree with you, also please credit me for the picture you used!

ok, can you give me your game link?
i maybe can try it.

uhh it’s not released yet but it’s temporarily open for you to test it

can you put the credits in your game’s description?

done

good game :+1:, but lol @Lightning_Splash is added in the game.

I also gave you 65 robux for testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. Can’t be so much, I do it on a PC with 16GB of RAM, Ryzen 3 pro and integrated AMD graphics, so the GTX 250 is not true