Rain Module + Plugin

Huh, I guess I just really didn’t understand legit any module scripts of any kind when I used it at first lol.

@buildthomas
Any idea if it will be expanded to other weather such as snow? If not will anything else be added?

This is not meant to be a full weather system, that would be way overscoped. It’s better to have individual modules for complex effects.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought, but is it possible to change the particle size, because I added it to be snow (if that makes sense) but the images are huge.

You can tweak some variables inside the module to accomplish that I believe.

2 Likes

It didn’t work for me, is there just a setting in it that I have it as so there’s no rain or is it just not working?

1 Like

That’s because the light emission is 0, I believe. (Maybe the influence also.)

1 Like

Random question why doesnt this work?

for i, v in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
	local RainModule = v.PlayerGui.Rain
local Rain = require(RainModule)
	Rain:Enable()
end

This is a client-side effect and must be required and enabled from the client (from a LocalScript) in order for it to show on clients.

You cannot cross-require modules for the client from the server.

3 Likes

Sorry for reviving such dead topic, but this is the resource page so it shouldn’t matter hopefully.

I was wondering if it’s possible to make it so the client can toggle on and off this rain in game? I tried to do this myself with this model but it deemed impossible after a couple tries, at least in the way I was doing it. Might there be any official way to toggle the rain client sided?

2 Likes

This module is meant to be used on the client only, so I don’t understand your question. You can enable and disable the rain already via the module API.

Sorry my bad, I guess I worded it really poorly.

I have a Local Script, and the question was if I’m able to use that Local Script to make it so the rain can be turned on/off using a GUI Button.

So I don’t have to use another script to disable/enable the Local Script that your model places? Sorry, just a tad confused.

No, I’m not going to add a full stack to this module. That’s not generic and not useful to most users of the module.

It is trivial to add some UI buttons and a small localscript (<10 lines) to your game to implement this.

Use #help-and-feedback:scripting-support if you need help setting this up or #collaboration:recruitment to commission someone to make it for you.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough, I wasn’t requesting I was just curious if it were possible to.

Hearing this, pretty much answers my question. Hopefully I can require the model from a local script and disable the rain that way. Anyways, thanks for the information.

Edit

Oh nice the requiring from a local script worked and I was able to make a toggle button with that. Thank you.

1 Like

This is great! But is there a way so like every 30 minutes or so the rain turns off or turns on? Im not a scripter so this would help.

Yes, read the API documentation, it’s trivial to write a script like that which uses this module. It will not be provided with the module by default since it is not the core purpose of the module to provide this.

Use #help-and-feedback:scripting-support if you need help.

1 Like

I’m sorry if I’m being dumb or I’m missing something, but whenever I use the :Enable() function on the module it gives me this error:
Is there any way that you can help me with this or tell me what I’m doing wrong? Do I need to make a LocalScript or something?

I’m also controlling it from a ServerScript, if that helps.

1 Like

If the error isn’t obvious enough you have to call :Enable() in a LocalScript.

OH. I’m sorry, but I thought the error was that the module could not use RenderStepped, sorry for not noticing that. I’m dumb sometimes.

Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

How would i make the rain stop raining through a script?