Random gamepass pop up

I don’t own this gamepass, but it appeared out of nowhere, help would be very appreciated

It happened when I asked a scripter to input a sound GUI.

4 Likes

It seems like you have a backdoor in your game!

I am terribly sorry for this incident, but there are ways to remove it.

1. Unknown scripts
Sometimes backdoors are scripts that is inserted in your game! This is pretty easy to find.

On the Explorer tab, search for “Script” which will show you all the scripts you have in-game. Now, try to look for scripts that:

1. You did not make.
  2. Suspicious code inside the script
  3. For words like: getfenv, setfenv, require, IsStudio, loadstring

If one of these conditions are true, delete the script.

WARNING: SOME SCRIPTS CAN BE TRUSTED WITH KEYWORDS. LOOK AT WHAT THE SCRIPT DOES FIRST.

2. Plugins
Unfortunately, people can create fake plugins that seem to be real from it’s original. For this, disable some plugins that you have. Once you disabled all, enable one plugin then play the game. Do this for every plugin.

I have not fully given you all the possibly scenario, but there are multiple devforum posts about it! I will give some links:

9 Likes

Also check for unused module scripts appearing in game, if that’s a thing you probably have something with plugins. However I think this is just a script backdoor, check all parts in workspace if you have used a free model.

2 Likes

For one, move this topic to #help-and-feedback:scripting-support and for two there appears to be a backdoor in your game, and if you used free models that’s the backdoor, I’d say don’t use random free models as its bad practice and can get you a virus/backdoor and there are many virus detectors or plugins that help you detect these types of viruses/backdoors.

1 Like

The scripter used 2 plug ins, but he’ll check it for me tomorrow (I asked him for a soundGUI). I’m very sure that it came from the plug ins because in another file without his script, everything was fine. I wish I could understand all the scripting stuff, but I’m very uneducated when it comes to it, and it takes me forever to get around roblox studio

I didn’t notice, but thank you so much! And yes, I’m 100% sure it’s a backdoor.

Then maybe search the explorer for some common names for backdoors like: “Backdoor”, “Vaccine”, “Spread”, etc.

1 Like

That sounds easy enough, I’ll make sure to do it, thanks!

1 Like

Hi, mind linking said developers inventory so we can check his plugins? Thanks.

1 Like

Some common virus plugins are something like,

• Shift to run
  • Leaderboard
    And these kind of basic things. Sometimes bots are reuploading trusted plugins with a virus so better be careful.
2 Likes

I’m getting the same popup, and ive never had this, i havent even added anything to my game. it started happening around the same time that this user reported it.

Typically these and “dupe”, “fire”, “lag” don’t prompt purchases, but rather are intent on crashing the game.

@Cutie_Annaxx just press Ctrl + Shift + F and search for “MarketplaceService” or “require” and see if the scripts prompted are needed, as that’s all that can be used to prompt product purchases.

edit: @lukeyloo987
I meant to search in all scripts when in play mode, some plugins add scripts only when you get into play mode.

5 Likes

This could be because of a backdoor in your game or the scripter who put the GUI in used a free modle.

Ive looked through all my scripts, I still cant find it.

1 Like

I have this issue, except I don’t get it. Only other people do for some reason. It’s weird. I removed some plugins from my Studio right now and I’ll ask my friend to test it.

3 Likes

Do you have a plugin called Terrain Converter, or one called Cutscene Editor? I removed both of them and now I don’t have the issue anymore.

2 Likes

I have found it! If you go to serverscriptservice, remove a script called Client Replicator! although i still dont know its origins…

1 Like

Ugh this thing doesn’t seem to go away! I’ll try what you said, this is extremely annoying.

1 Like

Yep, there were a few of these scripts, I had 5! I removed all of them and now no more popup!

1 Like

ClientReplicator is a Roblox script, maybe these scripts are pretending to be Roblox scripts and hiding malicious code inside.

1 Like