Random lag as of a week ago or so with 'Scene' 'Id_Opque'

Vehicle Sim team create server has randomly been getting these waves of performance issues every few seconds where FPS nukes to about 10FPS, even if I keep my camera and character still with no action. Wtf? Also sometimes I get random crashes.

This guy seems to be the cause but I have no idea what that means… We didn’t have this problem before and haven’t changed anything significant with the map lately. Could it be a regression?

7 Likes

Have been experiencing the same thing. Game suddenly freezes for no apparent reason.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that! Yes I get random crashes now, too.

4 Likes

Does this only happen in Studio/Team Create, or in-game too?

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same exact thing. Eventhough I actually have made significant changes to the map, it didn’t lag as much with the same infrastructure as it does now. While moving my camera through the map, it freezes from time to time with huge FPS drops. This is very frustrating.
For me, it’s only happening in Studio (I’m not using Team Create).

I was having some weird frame lag every 6-8 seconds that would just bring me to 10 fps for a second a two, doesn’t matter if I was moving, if I was in playsolo or in game.When I read the microprofiler it did say something about lighting, but also my microprofiler was DESTROYED in studio while this was happening as well.

The thing that believes me to believe that it was a problem with my computer, the amount of things I had open or something, my friend wasn’t experiencing these errors like me, and today when I tried to recreate it I simply couldn’t.

So for me it’s most likely a coincidence but I thought I would share if there’s any similarities in the lag that happens

Is this issue intermittent or is it always there? Is it specific to that level?

Would be helpful to know if your issues are pervasive across any level you edit or if it’s specific to certain types of levels.

I am experiencing this issue as well - I think it should be moved to #platform-feedback:engine-bugs as this occurs in-game in my game.

We are investigating this issue… can you get a dump from the microprofiler when you see the issue and link to it?

1 Like

Gentle reminder that posts about performance issues are not generally speaking actionable for issues that aren’t well understood without detailed information.

If you have a performance issue in Studio or in game, and you want our help to resolve it, you need to post:

1. Microprofiler dump - not screenshot! - showing the issue occurring. You can use Dump menu to save an HTML file to your C:\Users\User folder on Windows or ~ (home) folder on Mac.
  2. Hardware specs and OS
  3. Link to the game where this happens

Additionally, in many cases we see rogue processes interacting with Studio or Client under load. Try reproducing the issue with as many other programs as possible closed - the usual suspects are web browsers such as Chrome and programs that use web stack such as Spotify.

1 Like