Ranking Bot Goes Down After 24 Hours

Time to delete my project :pensive: Iā€™m going to use digitalocean

1 Like

DigitalOcean costs money, and in my opinion, if it isnā€™t broken donā€™t fix it. I donā€™t think glitch will ban you for 1 or 2 24/7 projects, just donā€™t be excessive.

Although with the panel i am using currently it seems straight forward,

(example)

1 Like

Imma break some rules on glitch then. Better to use glitch instead of discord and some sites for datastoreā€¦

1 Like

its mainly upto the glitch mods, But I believe they did release a paid plan but the specs are worse than buying a normal vps.

EDIT: There specs are 2gb ram for 5 servers (running all in a VM) for $6 a month, While you can buy a 16gb server for $10 a month,

2 Likes

From what I saw though, their plan is basically like having 5 VPSā€™s (with lower RAM obviously) for the same price as getting 1 VPS from a competitor

I meant by its nearly the same price for a dedicated server with 16gb ram, 250gb DISK , than glitch specs.

EDIT: Even after that, Glitch doesnt give you much specs for your money either, I did have an idea of buying another dedicated vps and possibly putting a WHMCS module onto the panel so other people can use it, (something like $1 a server)

1 Like

My module doesnā€™t do any file writing. All of these ā€œserverlessā€ solutions (paid or not) have a read-only file system, which can break a select few libraries.

To the OP, are you using the free version of Heroku? Heroku will disable your app after a time of inactivity and, on the free version, have a maximum amount of time it can be running a month.

@HmmBilly is correct in that a VPS is a better solution over many of these free providers (which do in fact have a lot of catches). However, for a small bot, a VPS is overkill. Simple bots donā€™t need lots of control that a VPS provides. For a beginner, setting up a VPS could also be fairly complex (FTP, SSH, etc).

If the OP hasnā€™t already, you can add your bank info to Heroku and you will get enough uptime a month for it to run 24/7.

Let me know if this helped!

1 Like

I am using the bot for an quiz center for a group that receives constant requests, so inactivity is not the issue. The issue I am getting is that to my information since the account is new, it does not have a legacy cookie so it is reset every 24 hours. Could be wrong in believing that though.

If you want, I can DM you to see if its the code or something on the VPSā€™s side,

My tag is : BillyH#8170