Rate my 2nd gfx

ik its bad but please rate it I tried hard on this one.

9 Likes

It’s not bad! I think the shading on the grass is slightly overdone, but everything else looks pretty nice in my opinion! The star seems slightly out of place compared to the other, more picnic and gardening themed items, but it’s pretty good saying it’s your second GFX!

I would, however, make your watermarks bigger, so it fits over the entire page, of course making it slightly transparent so we can see through it, small watermarks can easily just be cropped out, and have the majority of the GFX still stolen.

Good job, either way! :+1:

3 Likes

It’s good but in my eyes the player doesn’t fit the background at all, The player hairless and is wearing ripped jeans with a man bag when doesn’t fit a pink picnic with teddys everywhere. Also the player doesn’t fit in because it doesn’t fit the texture of the surroundings. The background and background is very good however the player doesn’t fit. Overvall very well done.

i rate this one a 7.5/10, no comment

the light is too simple , i would recommend making the light yellowish and the shadows darker

Not bad, but the bushes kind of look like clay and the face has a weird depth effect. Not bad for your second GFX.

Keep up the good work. :+1:

I’d rate this 6.3. (Giving my opinion, don’t be upset. You can try your best!) :slight_smile: There are lots of details which you can add in the gfx! Such as, add shadows to the background green stuff and add color mixture or sun ray. A mistake or a problem which I’ve seen in this GFX is that the grass looks black on the bottom part, you might wanna fix that! Add realistic textures and shadows to everything, it looks as it the whole GFX is a whitish scene.

I hope this helps, goodluck buddy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is good! There are some things that you can focus on so your future projects can be better and better.

The lighting in the background is plain in a way. You could add shadows, and if you want you can even add textures to the bushes and other stuff in the GFX. Sun rays are also a good aspect. You could add sun-rays to the desired area and then put accurate shadows. It would look nice too.

I also see that you put grass in the background so maybe you could fill the whole area up as well.

Overall, you did a good job!

The character does not suit the setting.

The setting is an aesthetic, calm background. The character is wearing supreme and ripped jeans, with no hair and doesn’t seem to be ‘aesthetic’ at all.

I like it… only problem is there grass sticking through the watering can

Not bad for a gfx. There is a lot of room for new improvement that could happen.

Concept

Right now looking at the gfx, the first thing I notice is the blanket and grass. Then I notice the fence and the water can. This makes me think the gfx is at a backyard. There is a water-can and a basket of tulips. So I think gardening. But I then see the blanket and the pillows along with the teddy bear. So I think of an outdoor hangout? In other words, the concept of the gfx just isn’t there.

You want to create the gfx that is easy for a person to understand. What’s the theme? You pick a theme and go on from there. Like if the person is having fun outside. Then have them sit down or hold the teddy bear. Maybe find another prop to replace the water can? You want to avoid overusing different props because it can mislead the view to thinking something else then your original intention.

Lighting

Overall, the lighting is good. But it’s not the best either. I would use an HDRI and some plane emission lighting to make the gfx look more vibrant. Right now the gfx looks very dull and cloudy. You want the gfx to pop up if you would want to attract viewers. I understand that it’s a pastel theme you’re aiming for but even a bit of vibrance can give the gfx life. Afterall even pastel looking gfx can look stunning. Here are some helpful youtube links for hdri setup and using plane emissions (That’s if you want to go more advanced).

Prop Placement

You should watch out for any props colliding. Either move the grass a bit more away from the water can or edit the grass out. You can do this by using edit mode.

Is this a floating plate? You might want to watch out for that. Also, make sure the bread isn’t floating either.

Again the same thing. This plant is planted into the ground. Don’t let it collide with the blanket.

Floating star? Might want to bring it down a bit.

Just remember these things

1. Make sure things aren’t floating unless intended
  2. Make sure items don’t collide unless intended

Texture, Texture, Texture

It’s always nice to have some texture. It gives the gfx some realism. You can find multiple youtube tutorials online on how to apply texture.

Places to add texture are the following:

1. Grass image
  2. Fence image
  3. Bench image

Editing/Overlay

Always make sure to do some editing on the gfx. You can add more effects and even make the gfx look vibrant. You can use photoshop, gimp, paintdotnet, or many other programs for editing. (The ones I listed are suggested for editing gfx) Add some more effects to it and it’ll also help make the gfx pop up to look stunning.

Watermark

I suggest putting the watermark where it will be difficult to get rid of. Some people can pretty much crop out the watermark you put of to the side. Instead, put a watermark in the center but tone down the visibility. Or you can make a small watermark (not too small or people can erase it out) and put it in the center of the gfx (or somewhere near the center). This is to avoid people stealing your work. It’s good practice to use a watermark at the beginning of your gfx career or else you will develop a habit of not putting your gfx which will result in scamming and etc.

Again the gfx isn’t bad. It’s actually pretty good. The things I mentioned above are to help improve your gfx. You have quite a talent at this so keep doing it as you might become a pro one day :wink:

-Tsu

Edit: I’m never writing another full on paragraph response again :rofl:
Edit 2 I almost deleted this whole response :scream:

2 Likes

I would add a GFX NPC with hats and stuff to add to the style. The lighting could use work and shadows.

Do not simply ask for ratings.