Rate my GFX x/10

I do know this, however as it was a mini design and not a fully developed GFX this was missed.

1 Like

9/10 it’s very good. Good job and great work!

1 Like

8/10 It looks really good! First of all, everything looks super realistic and good quality. As other people said, the fog is covering a lot of the picture. Overall, amazing. Good job!

3 Likes

Hello there Alexander,

I really liked the quality of GFX and I really liked your effects however there are bad parts of it too.

• First of all I think the sparks at the turret doesn’t look good and it doesn’t fit the GFX in my opinion.

• All of the soldiers are same. I think you should make them different.

I am giving you 8/10 :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

2 Likes

9/10, the fog-like design is overbearing compared to the rest.

2 Likes

I think I’d rate it a 9/10. I love the sparks and the smoke coming from the tank thing. I also love the action you feel when viewing this!

I do think that the foggy stuff is a bit too much; the image when I first saw it seemed to be not as high quality, and the fog is what threw me off.

Nice job!

2 Likes

Omitting the fog and shifting towards a hyper-realistic theme might be what pushes your GFX one level higher. The effects are great and the render’s solid. If you remove the fog to a fraction of what it was (as you’ve essentially done in the 2nd version) it allows you to showoff the detail of the tank and boast lighting/effects like the reflection in the water. I think this version represents you better as it allows you to more naturally display your capabilities.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am going to redo this at a later stage, the fog as said was done in photoshop in post production, by screening the fog. But what I normal do is use fog within Cinema 4D engine. As shown in the image below this is without fog from post production. And the other image will show the whole GFX without any effects.

5 Likes

Sparks don’t fit in, even if it is a bullet it doesn’t fit in or work on the second, so tone it down a bit if you want to keep them, otherwise use the top… It looks much better without the fog though and the water looks great.

1 Like

I think the sparks fit in pretty well, especially to emphasize a combat or battle zone.

2 Likes

I think the one without the sparks and fog look the best. The reason being that the 2 soldiers next to the tank standing up seem so out of place if combat was going on where they’re at. The sparks would be perfect if the soldiers looked like they were a little more combat ready. I’m sort of bad at explaining things. I think no matter what you do though, this is a great piece of work.

1 Like

I think you did a outstanding job on this GFX. The tank firing and the smoke coming out looks phenomenal. The sparks from incoming bullets look great, and the NPC’s looks awesome!

1 Like

I don’t know as much about the fog, as it obscures the bottom of the GFX. It honestly is sort of overbearing compared to everything else.

1 Like

I like the idea you have pictured in your mind. Looks amazing, if you could add a bit more detail, overall it looks great! I’d definitely go for a 9. Good work!

1 Like

10/10! Totally brilliant. Keep that up man.

1 Like

Texture on tank is repeated, muzzle flare is weird, sparks don’t fit, too much fog, posing is bland and stale. Lighting also needs improvement

the artwork generally looks better without any FX, but what ur missing is color correction, contrast adjustment, curves, gamma correction all that stuff in order to make the scene more intense/vibrant or any mood you want it to have.

As I have said before hand, this was a quick edit. I didnt take much time on it as my main focus is modelling. The FX has been taken off in past replys to show, with and without any fog. After viewing it, the characters are out of place as with the gun firing and the shot hitting the tanks, the personal should not be there. Within Post I have gone into image adjustments but this one I have not due to it being a quick design.

However I always love the feedback, so Cheers! :grinning:

I would remove the fog (or if it is gradient) but since you posted without the fog, I think that looks better. I think it should be a tad bit bright near the characters. I love it overall though. Keep up the good work! 9/10