Raycast Hitbox 4.01: For all your melee needs!

how can I make it so the module accepts different name variations for the Attachments? for example: “DmgPoint1”, “DmgPoint2”, “DmgPoint3”…

hey guys, how can i add this hitobx to an player? like, when the player punch the hitbox appears

local Params = RaycastParams.new()
Params.FilterDescendantsInstances = {Character}
Params.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Exclude
local newHitbox = RaycastHitBox.new(script.Parent.HitBox)
newHitbox.RaycastParams = Params
newHitbox.Visualizer = true 

attempt to index nil with ‘RaycastParams’

is there a reason for this error? It just started to show up randomly now ever since I moved the sword to a new baseplate

I seem to be having an issue with my weapons system. Occasionally its not detecting a hit, is there a way around that?

1 Like

Is this using parallel Lua? If not, would there ever be an update to support it?

3 Likes

Is it possible to make Dual holded weapon?

1 Like

yeah, just set up two separate hitboxes

But how to make it in script to know there multiple parts inside with Attachements?

I got this error No attachments found in object: Hitbox. Can be safely ignored if using SetPoints.

Is there a reason on why the hitbox object completely stops working when you use it on a different script?

for some reason the raycast hitbox is going above the attachments (i checked ita nd the attachments are were they are meant to be, but the actual hitbox is way above it)

Did you check when you started the game or before? Something could be affecting it

how to make weapon hit multiple times like chainsaw?

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SOLUTION OF THAT BUG IN WHICH HITBOX HITS FARTHER THAN IT’S ACTUALLY IS, HERE IT IS:

Put this script inside of Attachment solver module

--!strict
--- Calculates ray origin and directions for attachment-based raycast points
-- @author Swordphin123

local solver = {}

--- Solve direction and length of the ray by comparing current and last frame's positions
-- @param point type
function solver:Solve(point: {[string]: any}): (Vector3, Vector3)
	--- If LastPosition is nil (caused by if the hitbox was stopped previously), rewrite its value to the current point position
	if not point.LastPosition then
		point.LastPosition = point.Instances[1].WorldPosition
	end
	local origin: Vector3 = point.LastPosition
	local direction: Vector3 = point.Instances[1].WorldPosition - point.LastPosition

return origin, direction
end

function solver:UpdateToNextPosition(point: {[string]: any}): Vector3
	return point.Instances[1].WorldPosition
end

function solver:Visualize(point: {[string]: any}): CFrame
	return CFrame.lookAt(point.Instances[1].WorldPosition, point.LastPosition)
end

return solver
12 Likes

Hi, I am trying to use this for server hit detection, but I can’t seem to figure out how to make it work

My client sided code consists of detecting a player key press, and activating a server event with no parameters

My server sided code is what I am trying to figure out. I receive the event on the server, then I am wondering if I have to make a new hitbox object assigned to a player each time to detect punch hits, but I feel this is a bad way to go about it.

Please help

i fixed it, it was an issue with the method i was using to position the model

just use link attachments
make a for loop to index for link attachments and put it in a module and do index stuff idk
and name the attachments something like 1A, 1B its simpler

I would probably only have the client have the hotbox and make the server perform a series of checks. It works but it’s probably not the best way if you want it super secure

Two things.
One, would this be the most efficient and smooth way?
Two, how would a series of checks look like (what do you mean)
Thanks