Raycast Hitbox 4.01: For all your melee needs!

how do I put in the detection modes?
(for instance I’m trying to put RaycastHitbox.DetectionMode.PartMode into my script but it keeps saying it’s incomplete)

1 Like

are you sure it’s setup properly?

it should be set up as

hitbox.DetectionMode = hitboxMod.DetectionMode.PartMode
1 Like

Could you try making a tool without a handle and equip it to the player if they dont have any other tools equipped? Only downside to this method could be if you’re using the default roblox backpack/inventory GUI

1 Like

I noticed that when some targets are moving, the raycasts have a REALLY hard time detecting it, so more often than not, moving targets do not get registered as hit. Do you know if there’s a way to fix that detection or if there’s some sort of setup I’m missing.

1 Like

This will simply give you a more precise hitbox. Nothing wrong with using region3s, then again you may want to use spatial queries instead.

Do you have the detection setup on the client or on the server?

i made a better hitbox later on, no longer have the problem

1 Like

attempt to index nil with ‘OnHit’

tried searching for this error, couldn’t find any posts or anything in here related to this error

I have been trying to use the hit boxes for things like MORDHAU, but I have been having trouble making the hitboxes reflect the actual tool, as shown below:

Does anyone have any idea on how I could give server sided movement to reflect the hitboxes?

That’s awesome!
Very neat library.
Also if that game in the video is made in Roblox, that’s absolutely insane. I want to go play that tbh.

Mordhau is developed on UE4, the module is designed to function similarly to its hit detection system

1 Like

Will memory leaks occur if you dont call the destroy method? Ie u have a hitbox in a localscript parented to the character, and the player dies and you dont call the destroy function

Hey! i was wondering why the hit detection of the sword is very delayed like, it takes couple of seconds to be able to hit, it doesn’t register at all. Can i please know why and i was wondering if you could help me into this.

DebugLog doesn’t seem to work properly…?

pretty sure you have to turn it off manually in the module

i did aleardy, it fixed the issue.

i dont like taking modules from devfourm and putting it in my game cuz i find it no difference with taking a free modle from toolbox
if you dont mind can you explain how to check if attachment hits in the module

1 Like

I tried to combine fastcast and raycast hitbox together, basically I have a projectile moved by fastcast with hitbox attachments “DmgPoint”, when I do this on the server, it worked perfectly fine, but when I try to do it on the client side, the hitbox become inaccurate and jiggling, the hitbox was going downwards and went into the baseplate after the projectile fly for a while. Anyone know how do I fix this issue?

FIX: I tried part cache, and the issue solved somehow

Would I be able to get the point at which the raycast hit?

how do i account for the windup part of a blade attack. For example when you swing a sword, you first pull back, then forward. So do i jus have to estimate the amount of time and then start the the hitbox? or maybe record the windup and attack in two different animations? any advice would be appreciated.