Raycast Suspension Wheel Module | An alternative to standard physics based wheels

Yee, I’m aware that the wheels are fake, I just thought you would turn the wheels using Weld.C0 orientation. Changing direction of car will be angular velocity though

Oh yeah forgot, you can also do that aswell just wanted mine to have some sort of transition.

Can you please show me how you turned your wheels? I tried Weld.C0 but since the actual rotation of the wheel depends on it, it sort of compiles on top of each other and makes a wobbly wheel.

EDIT: nevermind, had to do weld.c1 not c0

ive made my own raycast suspension car a while back but it came with a lot of issues

have you checked for fps drops, does the car freak out/fling at low fps (or lag spikes)

also is the raycast only one ray? since this would make it so only when the center of the wheel is over the target, it will move it up

ideally you want to create body forces depending on which drive mode your car has, all wheel drive, rear wheel drive, etc. turning the wheels would require changing the direction of the force from the front two wheels to that of which the wheel points. And as far as drifting, it basically occurs when the rear wheels slip. To simulate this, disable the rear wheels drive component to where only the front two wheels have control and you will achieve drifting.

2 Likes