RBLXManager | Discord to Roblox manager (NOT MAINTAINED ANYMORE)

UPDATE :tada: | 10/26/2022

I highly recommend migrating to the new version, as it’s mucher safer and fixed some commands bug along with permissions.

• Moved all important credentials to a .env file. It’s much more secure than using a .json file to store them. Yes, the tutorial has been updated to help you work with the new files.
  • You can now add your own reason when you are using the ban & kick commands! Don’t want to add a reason? Perfectly fine it will default to the reason that is in your config.json.
  • Fixed a few errors & handling

What to expect in the future?

• Slash command support
  • New Commands
    • Global Announcement & Server Specific Announcements
    • Softshudown
    • Warn

As always if you have any questions or recommendations, please make sure to comment them or message me directly.

Let’s take this to DMs! Since this is adding a lot of clutter to the thread. Add my discord frames#4888.

Looks really cool, I can see this being used in a lot of games.

1 Like

Bot works incredibly after developer fixes. Quick, efficient, and fast. Can’t wait to see this manager in the future!

1 Like

Looks awesome, I got a few problems though. Would it be alright to directly message you on Discord? I already added you (ren !#1209).

Don’t mind that, managed to get it working myself.

1 Like

All too difficult for me to understand, a video tutorial would be nice.

1 Like

I’ll make sure to create one, in the upcoming update! In the meantime, if you would still like help setting it up make sure to directly message me on here or add me on discord. frames#4888

I have a suggestion for this, a command that lets you execute code to the game, example:
:execute <code>
It would be a great addition to trigger some custom stuff inside your game without needing to play.

2 Likes

Hello I don’t know much about programming I’ll wait for the update, thanks for answering

1 Like

Here is a quick preview of V2! I’m not really sure when It will be dropping but I am actively working on it when I am able to. If you didn’t notice, it’s coming with multi-universe support & new commands, so stay tuned!

Update

• I’ve successfully replaced text-based commands with slash-commands.
  • Multi-Universe Support is also complete

3 Likes

This new update looks great, really looking forward for these new features.

1 Like

v2.0.0-beta :tada: | 11/9/2022

First I’d like to apologize for the delay in the update, I’ve been really busy with school. Secondly, I didn’t feel comfortable releasing the update, therefore it’s a beta. I’d like some of you to test it and tell me if there are any bugs before I make the official 2.0.0 release.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY THIS OUT, MAKE SURE TO GRAB THE NEW ROBLOX MODEL

What is new?

• Completly got rid of text-based commands and replaced them with slash commands.
  • Multi-Universe Support
  • Supports Id & Username
  • New Commands
    • Global Announcement
    • Time-based Bans

Github: Release v2.0.0-beta-2 · workframes/RBLXManager · GitHub
Model: RBLX Manager - Roblox

Example for the new config:

{
    "CLIENT": {
        "APPLICATION_ID": "463264827643272",
        "GUILD_ID": "59862386532823756248735"
    },

"GAME": {
        "DATASTORE_NAME": "RBLXManagerBans",
        "UNIVERSE_IDS": {
            "4045014903": "RBLX Manager",
            "4061541317": "Place 2"
        },
        "BAN_REASON": "Hello, you have been banned permentaly. If you think this was a mistake please contact a moderator to apeal.",
        "UNBAN_REASON": "The user has been unbanned",
        "KICK_REASON": "Hello, you have been kicked from the server."
    }
}

As always if you have any questions or recommendations, please make sure to comment them or message me directly.

1 Like

What kind of features would you like me to add in the future?
PS: I have been pushing out the bug fixes so expect an official release for @v2 soon!

Haha, seems like you’ve gotten ahead of me on this.

I’ve attempted something similar a while ago, relying on Messaging service: GitHub - KhanPython/VoltBot: A player manager discord bot for Roblox experiences

Unfortunately, had to discontinue this project since I thought that dependence on users going through a hefty setup can quickly become problematic.

Maybe this is something that you can expand on? You could even host the general bot to streamline this process? I’ve done a bit of brainstorming and hopefully this will point you in the right direction:

1. You will likely need to store more than one API keys (e.g datastores API keys - allowing access for separate guild panels; experience API keys)

2. However, saving security information on your end is likely to discourage users from utilizing your bot. From what I’ve read, there’s nothing you can do about that. But, maybe you could cache these values on your parent server instead? Storing data with Keyv | discord.js Guide

3. There is no harm in prompting users to reinsert their API keys, in-case the cached values are lost (due to a server outage?): Modals | discord.js Guide

This is good stuff nevertheless!

1 Like

Including a simple setup video would have probably helped them out, I created one last night but I have to upload it properly.

I’ve actually been thinking about this, however, I’m just not sure if users will feel safe enough to provide their Keys because from their POV I’m just another user on the devforum.

I went a head and create a video, I hope you are able to follow it now!

1 Like

Very cool system! Perhaps these features might be great:

• Group Bans (bans members of a group from accessing the selected universe/game)
  • Developer Lock (restricts the selected universe/game to developers until it is manually unlocked by command)
1 Like

v2.0.0 :tada: | 11/13/2022

What is new?

• Completly got rid of text-based commands and replaced them with slash commands.
  • Multi-Universe Support
  • Supports Id & Username
  • Rewrote Roblox Model
  • New Commands
    • Global Announcement
    • Time-based Bans
    • Lock Universe

What was fixed?

• Syntax Errors
  • Got rid of modules that were not required
  • Spelling Errors

Github: Release v2.0.0 · workframes/RBLXManager · GitHub
Model: RBLX Manager - Roblox

1 Like

Added it in the new update, Enjoy!

1 Like

This tool had been a joy to use! Handles moderation exceptionally well and is a lightweight tool.

Would love to see role-specific permissions in the next update so different Discord roles have different command permissions (Moderators can only Kick, Ban, Unban, etc. - Administrators can use announcements and lock servers, etc.)

1 Like