RbxCloud - an easy solution for interacting with Roblox Open Cloud endpoints

wow I’m also sick

Anyways, nice (module I think?) I don’t web develop anymore, but I might use this in the future!

Could you DM me a snippet of your code?

Thank you, I appreciate it! I would also call it a module lol

I had to swap it out for another alternative to use PublishAsync, which was a bit more difficult to do in terms of writing but oh well. , unfortunately, can’t since the code is overwritten. Sorry!

For the OpenCloud.Configure function, is it global set to the API key or can I use it per file? For example, a ban.js will have a ban datastore key, while another one can be a player datastore key.

it’s global, you don’t need to configure it in every file

What if I needed to access different universes/API keys?

you can use different api keys for each service, but you don’t need to call OpenCloud.Configure in every file you use – you just need to configure it one time.

Primarily, some of my Discord bot commands require my scripting test plate for my game, and some of the commands require the actual game instance. For instance, a ban command would be used for the actual game instance since it bans from the actual game, of course. However, any other data commands, such as setting money and whatnot, would be my testing plate, which has a different API key and universe ID.

I hope that makes sense, I just need to be able to use a different API key/universe ID for DataStores and MessagingService in different command files.

Are you planning to add OrderedDataStore ?

I’m currently working on another API module to completely replace this; the new module will be created in TypeScript and support everything, from Open Cloud to Web APIs (e.g. groups.roblox.com/docs)

The new system will have support for ordered datastores. At the moment, this project isn’t maintained and won’t be for the foreseeable future.

Alright, thank you for replying. If you can, once you finish with your new module, link it here. I would love to take a look at it.

I will do so upon its release. I will be sure to mention you when it releases.

How could we migrate from the old RbxCloud to this new module? My bot is created with JS using the current RbxCloud.

The new module will explain how to do so. It should be very easy; it follows a client.X.DoAction() scheme (e.g. client.Groups.GetMembers(12345)). Do you also mind if I ask what parts of RbxCloud you use?

I want to battle test my new API and release as many features as I can to avoid complaints.

I use it mainly for MessagingService and DataStores. I have a module that handles both, and just use that module in other files just to make things easier.

And thanks for the clarification! I’m not too familiar with going from JS to TS so hopefully this module’s explanation will help out.

I’m getting weird behavior when using SetAsync. I have nested tables (4-5 deep), and when I try and do something like Table1.Table2.Table3.Table4 = [object], it does not save. I can save just fine if I do something like Table1.Value = 10, though. Any thoughts?

Could you provide an example of your code?

1 Like