RbxStu: Roblox Studio Executor - Patch scripts with ease

@Bitdancer Your thoughts?

I’m guessing you guys are working on a plan for such things?

there’s no reason for them to take action on this, if they ask us to stop we will gladly shut the project down, this is only intended to pentest games studio it isn’t possible to use it on the normal client so it can’t hurt anyone’s experience on roblox.

4 Likes

As shadow already said, me and him have no problem shutting RbxStu down, but it does not really constitute a problem to anyone wanting to play games in Roblox, and its effect is limited ONLY to developers and their own games to work towards things that ward off cheaters, which is why I believe @Bitdancer would not really go against the project, as there is little to no damage done to Roblox in general, and it more likely benefits Roblox as a whole, as they don’t have to work in a solution for this (Although I would much rather them to do so!)

2 Likes

I meant in terms of, I think it is a good idea to elevate to the same level as exploits to pentest your game.

But I just wanted clarification if this were somewhat going to be dealt with in terms of preventing this.

It wouldn’t be no different to give someone collaboration access to execute scripts anyway. But I wouldn’t want to use something that could quite possibly lead to apart of a ban wave. As far as I’m aware there is nothing in Studio to prevent this. And was wondering if there was something in the future they’d do.

There should be no reason for them to add prevention methods to studio due to it being unable to join public games.

Not really a gray area. From the TOS:

1. Restrictions of Use. In addition to any other restrictions set forth in the Roblox Terms or any Additional Terms, Users may not (a) lease, lend, sell, redistribute, or sublicense any part of the Services; (b) copy, modify, distribute, publicly perform or display, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or related or implemented technology; (c) circumvent any technological measure designed to protect the Services or any technology associated with the Services; (d) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any Services’ source code, in whole or in part (unless a portion of code contained within the Services is released as open source and the open source license governing such code expressly permits reverse engineering, copying or other modification); (e) use the Services to create malicious or abusive content (as determined by Roblox in is sole discretion) or any content that violates these Roblox Terms, Additional Terms, guidelines, or policies; or (f) use the Services (or any part thereof or any technology contained therein) in any manner that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable laws.
8 Likes

Why are you pointing that out? Many people know Roblox hasn’t had a history of actually caring what people do with studio. You post that like a threat to the developer or like roblox is going to start caring about studio mods soon.
Anticheat coming to studio CONFIRMED?!?/s

1 Like

So, shall I suspend development? If that is what you want on Roblox sure thing, I’m not going to oppose you all’s desicion truly, in the end as developers we all want a good platform

I do believe knocking down people from modifying studio is kinda weird, more when it benefits developers and does not truly damage Robloxs playerbase, I guess the ulterior motive is for the purposes of protecting IP, I have no problem stopping development if the reason makes sense (I.e: Roblox staff directly telling me to C&D of to formally stop on this forum post, right now, if so I will archive (Unless specified to remove) the repos and take down anything related to it from channels I can control), exploiting currently is at an all time low anyway, so the benefit of keeping RbxStu running is minimal at best, and it is more somewhat of a hassle, because updates each week, so please tell me directly @Bitdancer if I end and so I will, no one will truly benefit from pointless back and fourth, you will probably get tired, and I will probably as well

3 Likes

I’m pointing it out because, for at least one person, it was not clear that this is not a gray area. Whether Roblox enforces the TOS on this issue, I do not know, nor am I in a position to make a decision on it one way or another. However, I can, as I have before, let the community know that there are no plans to protect Studio with Hyperion at the moment.

4 Likes

Why hasn’t someone made a Offline Studio patch coded in C++? If people are willingly to go trough the effort to make Studio Executors, can someone make a offline patch (that as in, allow me to open .rbxl files even without internet?) I hate i must connect to the internet if i need to work on a local project

2 Likes

That is a project idea you can do on your own I suppose.

Yeah, time to learn C++ which by at that point i might just make my own engine

A byte patch cannot be compared with a whole game engine by any means.

1 Like

Forget it, another developer looking at this forum has sent me it GitHub - Roblox-Devs/studio-offline: Using ROBLOX Studio without Internet Connection although its AOBs are old from what he has said

3 Likes

Thanks! Just needed the clarification, can I just ask - before that happens we have some form of warning?

In the extent, that we are going to use these sorts of tools to pentest our game’s security.

I certainly will let the community know if Roblox changes its stance on not protecting Studio with Hyperion.

3 Likes

Really cool! Play tested with it and was able to make an anticheat dedicated to detecting a script that is really prevalent in a popular game.

Are there any plans to make an official studio executor? You guys promised us that I think

I highly doubt it. Exploits have their own massive set of additional features and it would only be a matter of time before obfuscators figure out how to block Studio execution.

Plus, it’s just not needed. If you see an exploiter constantly changing car color, you know they’re abusing a customization remote. If exploiters kill all players instantly, it’s definitely a flaw with a melee/gun system.

1 Like