Realism FeedBack

Ok so I’m working on a new Horror game and I have some realism aspects in the game. I need some feedback on how it looks/feels at the moment. (This feedback cycle will only be open for a short window)
Keep in mind this is a VERY EARLY build. Most stuff is going to change and the story is still being worked on.

UPDATE:
The grass color has been adjusted due to feedback, thanks!
The first-person view is being looked into.
Footsteps sounds have been slightly lowered
Foliage will be added between trees

Instructions: (IMPORTANT)
Click play, then look on the right side of the screen for the realism demo option. (no other option will work at the moment)

Sample Questions:
1: How does the game look?
2: How do the mechanics feel?
3: Any glaring flaws?
4: Sound design? (Are the footsteps too loud?)

Game link:

3 Likes

1.) Its Pretty Good for a Demo, but not the best. I saw some flaws such as Parts glitching in the cabin. The trees are good but theres still so much space.
(This my view if its gonna be a horror game)
2.)The Footsteps work but i cant turn them off. Its a bit annoying since they are loud.
On Mobile the Sprint Mechanic doesnt work at all.I also noticed that i was not fully in FPV. It just looks weird to see my neck and body.
3.)None.its good as it is.
4.) If theres any music sorry i didnt hear any however i did hear some sounds. They were Good but they are pretty sharp and i dont think it will work well for a horror game.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback it’s really helpful!
I’ll add some options to edit sounds perhaps or just default them to lower.
The space in between trees should probably be filled with dead logs, bushes, plants, and other forest items.
The Fpv system was a recent addition. Any suggestions non directly on how to improve it?
So you think the ambiance should be softened?

If your game is fully gonna be First Person just lock them in FirstPersonView (can be done by setting cameramode in starter player) and if they want to move their mouse in the menu set the .Modal to True on a Transparent Text Button (set its Z Index to 0 or lower than other guis so that its not affecting other guis, set its scale to 1,1 i.e let it cover the whole screen and then make it transparent)

This post might help

2 Likes

Roblox grass wtih this kind of models just destroys effort you put, to be honest lighting is just too cartoony to be realstic, improve these two things and you game will be better

Realism of the game is good but I think you need to play with the jumping settings, I see my torso when I jump ( Also nice UI design for a horror game :wink:)

1 Like

Any ideas on how to fix that? I didn’t think the lighting was too cartoony.

more less saturaded colors, no roblox grass

1 Like

Any idea what grass I should use then? I wish I could edit the grass texture, it would look a lot nicer.

look on sketch fab to find something nice, or just make it by your self, it’s not that hard actually

1 Like

I changed the color and I think it looks a ton better.

Thanks! How do you suggest I make the torso look, I thought it looked pretty good as in real life you do indeed see more than just your arms like most roblox games.

Which Colors in particular need to be less saturated?

grass probably will be enough, try to match it with tree leaves color

1 Like