Recommended website/software to create UI?

Hey, what would be a recommended tool to create UI for ROBLOX?

4 Likes

Definitely Gravit Designer. I highly recommend it and it’s free.

1 Like

I’ll check it out, appreciate it!

I highly recommend Affinity Designer. It’s $54.99 but very useful and easy to use, it also comes with a 60 - 80 day free trial too!

1 Like

I just tried it, it doesn’t seem to the best because there is no grid snapping from what I can see. :frowning:

I use Canva, and I’ve seen other UI designers who use it however I’m not much of a UI designer.

However, Canva is a good tool that I use for graphic design.

1 Like

photoshop, its very nice, but its costs 20 dollars per month

1 Like

I use Inkscape, its a Vector Drawing Package :slight_smile: Open Source

1 Like

Figma.

Inkscape is only really good for SVG’s, not PNG’s.

1 Like

I’d recommend roblox studio, it works pretty well with roblox.

Real answer: Try Gimp, it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

I would 100% recommend Photoshop, of course you have pay for it but it’s honestly one of the best programs I’ve used. Maybe a bit biased since I’ve used it for so long but it definitely worth it. Additionally, I have used Gravit Designer and that is pretty simple and straightforward to use (and free). If you want a free alternative you could use Photopea which is more a free photoshop which you can use on your browser. Hopefully, this helps, of course, there are many programs but you just have to use the one you work best with and stick to it, don’t just go off other people’s views since it’s always going to be different.

2 Likes

Use the magnet icon for snapping. Also, I agree with @AxisAmbition. Affinity Designer is awesome if you are just starting out or if you are already working in the field, it has everything you’d need and more. 10/10 from me, I strongly suggest you try it out and give your thoughts on it.

I use Krita just because its really easy to do a quadra mirror.

2 Likes

I’d recommended Gravit as someone said when you’re just starting off UI Design with SVG and etc.

Then, move onto Figma when you learn more about prototyping and other features.
Then, Adobe XD if you’re not focusing that much on SVG Editing and more of prototyping and modern UIs.

I’ve seen tons of people use Adobe Photoshop also, could check that out if you have the money for it.

1 Like

Just to note there is already similar topics related to this question, for future notice consider using the search function just to see if your question hasn’t been answered. Inkscape - Gimp/ Adobe XD. While these are go-to programs, consider finding one that your more comfortable with and wanting to learn.

While of course all programs have a learning curve and it will take practice to learn how to develope high quality UI whatever program you use whether payed or open source, they all produce similar looks as any other software out there. Refer to this thread if your wanting more programs or information that could help along the way;