RedShift Arena [ Requesting Feedback! ]

Hello, everyone!

I’ve been working on an arena FPS game the past few weeks, and I would like some feedback on the game so far. It’s currently in Pre-Pre Alpha, with one map currently. I’m quite happy with the progress so far, and I hope this game is enjoyed by many. It’s heavily inspired by Unreal Tournament, Quake 3: Arena, and Doom, but mostly Unreal Tournament. The game aims to be just like classic FPS games, throwing away the shackles of modern military games, in favor of a more fast-paced, high-octane shooter. The game currently uses sound effects and some models from Doom and Unreal Tournament 2004 respectively, but I’ll be changing those once the game gets out of alpha [only the assault rifle is from UT2004, the other weapon models are models from TurboSquid. ]

Link to the game:

I’d love to hear any and all feedback you have on this game!

1 Like

You can shoot through walls.

2 Likes

This isn’t possible though, to my knowledge. Unless you’re referring to the invisible barriers.

1 Like

It looks like you are using the camera ray?

1 Like

Ray starts from the barrel and goes to the mouse cursor. I wasn’t aware that bug was possible to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Love the Unreal Tournament music :wink:

In fact, it looks like a lot of the style derives from UT which can only be a good thing.

2 Likes

I think your UI buttons in the beginning need to be a lot bigger. My mouse doesn’t fit over it.

When I receive a power-up or get a weapon, it doesn’t let me use it?
Other than that I like the feel of it. Great job.

1 Like

The power-ups are automatic and will be displayed in the lower-right hand corner of your screen, unless they don’t scale, which I’ll have to double check. Weapons are also activated through the top-number keys. If you have any errors in the console, send me a DM regarding error messages. :slight_smile:

As for the UI button issue, I’m planning on having a custom mouse cursor for the main menu, so that should hopefully fix the issue. If not, I’ll just rescale them.

1 Like

I recently updated the game with some pretty big updates that I think greatly improve the overall quality of the game.