Reducing Lag in a **huge** map

if your having trouble rotating/ scaling/ moving a part or testing the game. maybe cause there’s an humanoid in workspace causing you to lag. cause i had this before when i was ungrouping a dummy and grouping them back but i left the humanoid on workspace.

I’ve already tried that, and in fact nothing changed

I’ve already checked, there’s no humanoid in Workspace.

Try to remove your terrain . If its not the cause then you can just CTRL Z .from my opinion , ur terrain is way too big

Well, yeah it is big, but the game doesn’t lag at all with the terrain and without buildings, although when I add the buildings it starts to decrease the FPS

maybe because of your in-game graphics settings, cause your in-game settings will be similar to in-studio settings. if not, maybe try this?

My computer is in fact med-end, perhaps even high-end, however it doesn’t lag in other places.

maybe because of Grass decoration causing to lag

So ur saying that when the building is added to the game ur FPS start to drop??

Yeah, pretty much so, it doesn’t lag with just the terrain.

I’ve tried removing terrain, and having just the buildings, Terrain’s not the source of lag

Have you tried StreamingEnabled and manually configured it?

Tune the streamingradius down to the hundreds, preferably 512 and let me know what happens.

(make sure you are testing in a live game and not studio with this published)

Open the MicroProfiler and send us a dump file here. I don’t believe it’s related to rendering, but rather to some script.

2 Likes

This doesn’t help, you can’t set it below 64, rendering it useless.

Well yeah …

Anything below 64 would pretty much load nothing at all lol.

If you still lag on union’s and stuff then it’s your device you need to upgrade your device to support roblox fully.

Have you try use mesh part instead of part . I Mean have you try usr blender for modeling your building.

how could he import it if he didn’t use mesh part?

There’s a simple trick to convert any studio CSG parts into a mesh part.

Wdym by that . I dont see anything related to mesh part in his reply

Edit : I found this post while ago . It has some connection with streaming enabled . Maybe give it a try Here

1 Like

By the looks of things, you’re using A LOT of parts. You should switch to a primarily mesh based workflow with PBR texturing through something like Substance Painter (optional on texturing). You can greatly reduce lag by working in mesh.

Turn off collisions for most small parts and instead make big invisible blocks for the collisions. Also, try optimizing similar parts by turning them into meshed.