Region3 not accounting for rotation

The region3 I’m using is the blue/yellow square. Blue means empty, yellow means it hit something. You can see that when I move my region near the part it starts colliding. When I draw a box encapsulating the part you can see that the region is colliding with it.

Not sure when this started but it would be great if it could be fixed.

I’m not quite sure what you mean.

Do you mean that the Region3 is detecting the rotated part even though it is not ‘in’ the region?

he means the region3 is rendering a collision based on the AABB of the rotated part, instead of the OBB, or object space of the rotated part

[quote] I’m not quite sure what you mean.

Do you mean that the Region3 is detecting the rotated part even though it is not ‘in’ the region? [/quote]

In my second picture, the region begins detecting the part once it goes inside the purple square. It shouldn’t be detecting the part unless it’s actually inside the part.

That’s how it’s always worked, and how it’s supposed to work. FindPartsInRegion3 isn’t a collision detector, it’s a part finder that finds nearby parts quickly by using bounding-boxes. If you’re going to do collision detection, then use it for the broad phase, and implement the narrow phase yourself. Or, if you want it to be efficient, get AxisAngle to do it. :wink: