Added EnumItem ModelLevelOfDetail.StreamingMesh : 1
	Added EnumItem ModelLevelOfDetail.Disabled : 2

Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportPartyAsync : 3
Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportUnknown : 4

Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function WorldRoot:FindPartOnRay
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function WorldRoot:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function WorldRoot:FindPartOnRayWithWhitelist

Changed the parameters of Event ScriptContext.ErrorDetailed 
	from: (string message, string stackTrace, Instance script, string details)
	  to: (string message, string stackTrace, Instance script, string details, int securityLevel)

Removed Property Workspace.SkinnedMeshEnabled

Removed Enum SkinnedMeshAllowType
	Removed EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Default
	Removed EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Enabled
	Removed EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Disabled

Removed EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportToPartyAsync

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

17 Likes

Glad that ScrollingFrames are finally getting the love they deserve! Especially for horizontal menus, this is much nicer. Now I don’t need to create a custom implementation for something that should be supported!

Also, the ability to set memory of the emulated mobile device is a big thing. That way, you can test easily how your game runs, even on a potato.

Shift select for the asset manager is nice, glad that it’s also receiving the love it needs.

Using :ApplyDescription on the client is also huge, way less hassle than cloning it to ReplicatedStorage so that the client can use it.

14 Likes

Changed Humanoid:ApplyDescription() to allow it to be used on the client for locally created Humanoids.

Cooooool

Added memory simulation to device emulator for testing StreamingEnabled on low memory devices. Includes simulation for standard list of devices and for custom devices.

How do I use this?

This further removes deprecated SurfaceTypes and JointInstnace functionality. Hinge and Motor surfaces are deprecated, and should not be used for any new work. Please use the constraint counterparts instead. Surface properties will be hidden when all surfaces are set to Smooth. JoinToOutsiders will only create Weld JointInstances.

I use Hinge to tell which direction a Part is facing, it isn’t removed right?

6 Likes

That’s a shame that Hinges and Motors are being deprecated for new work, but will this be permanent and if existing Hinges and Motors exist in some games without a warning, will it be changed instantly or not?

Memory Simulation seems very nice to be added for low-end devices as it seems very beneficial for mobile or PC users who have poor quality.

Awesome, ScrollingFrames can finally scroll horizontally which will be a much greater experience for a lot of UI across games. Finally, I don’t have to deal with a different solution when it comes to ScrollingFrames.

^ Already covered ScrollingFrames, kind of happy.

Anyway, I do see LevelOfDetail becoming very useful for meshes for instances, but would there be more explanation on what it does fully instead of what it can do for StreamingRadius/StreamingEnabled?

2 Likes

Oh they better expose this to developers or make it at least modifiable via Studio. Dragging my teams out and back into the service in the order I want teams showing in is annoying. I can account for this with custom leaderboards but in cases where I’m not using custom leaderboards, I could end up with some thematically weird looking orders.

Hooray for teleport improvements, but still wouldn’t make me as happy as being allowed to completely disallow the client’s use of TeleportService. Only then can I attain true joy for teleport updates.

So long, partner. Not going to legacy, but to deprecated land. 2550_salute

14 Likes

Changed Humanoid:ApplyDescription() to allow it to be used on the client for locally created Humanoids.

You have no idea how happy I am that this is a thing because I was having to work around this by using preset proportions, but now I can give players more customization.

10 Likes

SUPER happy to see ApplyDescription being added to client, this helps a ton, thank you!

Also very excited to see this being added, it’s pretty hard making your game be as accessible as possible to low end devices, I just try my best by using the “biggest potato of a device” I can get my hands on and hope it can help more people play my games. Now this makes it a ton easier to do testing for those devices!

Though will there be any documentation on how this behaves/functions so we can use for reference?

7 Likes

Existing Rotates / RotatePs / RotateVs (the actual joint which gets created when you join something with a Hinge / Motor / SteppingMotor surface) will continue to work. We have plans to show some kind of warning when you insert a legacy model which has these, warning you that you may see changes in behavior if you edit it.

As with any significant new feature, there will be an Announcement post explaining things and DevHub documentation once it’s released. Being in the release notes just means that the code is present in the desktop client, features in the release notes may actually be a few weeks away from release still. That’s why it says “Pending”.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.