Release Notes for 443

I know it seems to be complicated, sorry for insist, but I worked a lot with extensive projects too
and it all comes down to having systems and methods aligned, no matter if one or more people participate in a stage. Even if a ticket was not opened by a user, any problem identified, however small, should have a ticket opened internally, and not be fixed without being inside the method. This ensures that any and all changes made to the system are correctly documented both internally and for the public …
In practical terms, as for the Output Expressive Windows bug: even though no one has formally opened a ticket (which I highly doubt), in its launch post there were hundreds of bug reported in posts, from users hoping that this would be fixed as soon as possible, since it is a very useful tool, as I already said.
Now, it is sad to know that I may be stopping using this fixed tool for a long time, without knowing that it has been fixed, simply because no one has warned me that it has been fixed.
This is not right.

1 Like

That’s fair, but that could be solved by an overarching story that all tickets related to that story are linked to. It shows that the integration with developer feedback isn’t as streamlined as it could be, and it doesn’t really feel like high hanging fruit to get this more integrated. It would just take someone to log and chase these issues down and make sure the result gets back to the developer, either via release notes or by a devforum response.

I’m not saying engineers need to be fully responsible for that though. Apologies if it came across that way.

4 Likes

I know this is late, but maybe the second argument could only accept integers. I don’t know much about floating point numbers but I think integers don’t have that problem of not being perfectly precise.

math.round(number / 4) * 4

would be the same as

math.round(number, 4)

but this

math.round(number, 0.1)

would print an error, because 0.1 is not an integer.

Having this is not completely necessary, but it would still be useful to have.

1 Like

If that is added, then the name of the function doesn’t make sense. A round function doesn’t sound like it should be multiplying something

This would:

1. Be very surprising behavior, since every other basic math function in the math library is not restricted to integers.
  2. Not be very useful. Most grid snaps want to support any value, not just integers, and I can’t think of many things you would want this for other than snapping.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.