Release Notes for 460

I actually recently discovered it does have LocalUserSecurity which really confused me because I swear I did this before and it gave me an error

And no, it cant access LoadStringEnabled, it’s not even a key of the userdata by the looks of it (or there’s some metatable blocking code idk?)

But yes, Roblox can easily just either add an interface method to those properties that aren’t seen by Lua, or just add them to Lua with RobloxScriptSecurity or LocalUserSecurity permission, so a Lua window could still happen

2 Likes

That is a very good point. I would bet this is likely a focus of the new properties widget as well, probably to make editing properties easier even with a lot of them. I am starting to become less concerned with property bloat personally as I prefer function over cleanness in that case, and I think perhaps that may be where Roblox is trying to head.

The biggest problem with that I think is that the solution to property bloat has always been inconsistent, and probably will remain that way unless a much more general solution is created, and I think if it is Roblox’s goal to allow for more properties on things without causing issues, they’ll probably start with that on the property widget.

That’s speculation though haha.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by “doesn’t exist according to Lua” (Lua is a programming language), but TweenService generates error messages for properties not accessible from scripts.

game:GetService"TweenService":Create(game:GetService"ServerScriptService",TweenInfo.new(),{LoadStringEnabled=""})

This also exposes other properties not accessible from scripts like BasePart.siz, Part.shap, and HopperBin.Command.

5 Likes

An easier way to check this is to pass the property name into GetPropertyChangedSignal.

10 Likes

I made one: Update 460 broke several key features in my game - #2 by PeZsmistic
Hope the right people see it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.