Release Notes for 610

Speaking of which, the move snap points freezes my studio when there’s a lot of objects in the way of the move, e.g i am making a straight line obby in the -Z direction, and everytime i try to move an object in that line over the Z direction my studio freezes.

15 Likes

The next batch of fixes for the Dragger QoL Beta will resolve this: There will be a configurable cap on how many softs snaps get shown, with a conservative enough default that you should not see any perf issues.

This batch of fixes is coming within a couple of weeks.

21 Likes
Removes the unused Server Audio Behavior studio setting.

What did this do? Did this only function in Local Servers only or also in Play Solo?
My assumption is that it basically made the server play audio and you can hear it when focused on the server window

15 Likes

did they fix the layered clothing on ragdoll?

14 Likes

Every time release notes come out I am hoping to see that the memory leak (or whatever is causing it) issue regarding adding items to ServerStorage and Replicated Storage is fixed. Oh well, maybe next time.

16 Likes

yeah one of my games has memory leaking which is pretty bad ngl
i dont know what is a memory leaking but it has

15 Likes

It seems this update made it far harder to align Baseparts to other surfaces when dragging them around. Is this intentional? Cause it made my building workflow far harder.

I’m under the impression I’m supposed to manually input the orientation if I want to align the orientation of a basepart and another surface? which would slow down my workflow significantly.

Can’t figure out how to use the alignment tool as well, that’s if we’re meant to use that now.

13 Likes

Did you accidentally turn off “Align Dragged Objects”? You should see a checkbox for it in the context menu when clicking in the viewport with a dragger.

14 Likes

Likely the docs said UDim2:new(0,0,0,0) instead of UDim2.new(0,0,0,0

10 Likes

It seems I did, I appreciate you pointing that out.

9 Likes

@VSCPlays
They wouldn’t have written it this way if that’s what they were trying to convey. It’s easy to see how this could be a typo in the note itself, considering that the “:” and “.” keys are adjacent on the QWERTY keyboard layout.

12 Likes

when was the first release note made :thinking:?

9 Likes

There aren’t any posts which predate this DevForum section, so you can just view the first post in it: Release Notes for 308

You will have to dig up an archive of the wiki to actually see the linked release notes for the early ones though.

15 Likes

Pathfinding fixes! Hopefully this means more pathfinding fixes will be coming soon, whole lot of weird behaviours with that.

5 Likes

Nice to see more enthusiam in this post, usually it was just someone sending a link saying Release Notes for X, now we have emojis and a “Here’s the”.

4 Likes

https://web.archive.org/web/20070102211519/http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=150

5 Likes

Finally! My parallax interor meshes will not teleport to 0, -382772827367282.82, 0 when I move them, yay! Lol.

5 Likes

Why is audio cutting off when using timeposition? Its broken in studio and normal launcher, but not in microsoft store app. I didnt have this issue yesterday on any device.

4 Likes

I wish people were following the rules, so that we can have the forums back. That is the only way where everybody could’ve talked with other Roblox players.

1 Like

What other behavior you encounter ?