Release Notes for 638

Now THIS is epic, very nice work Roblox :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Change the return types of GetDataStore and GetGlobalDataStore to DataStore.

Does that mean we will get proper autocomplete for DataStore:ListAllKeysAsync()?

+1

4 Likes

How will RenderStepped react to that? Will DeltaTime be making up for all that lost time? I’m concerned mostly for ECS

3 Likes

I think the event itself will still be fired, but maybe this will increase it’s frequency with an uncapped framerate upon the monitoring being switched off.

On a side note, is it just me, or has the blue style color gotten darker?

I feel like the blue tint was lighter about a week ago.

4 Likes

I’m not on their team, but around the 2 second mark, you can see the part move in much smaller increments

1 Like

Disregard the previous issue, the lag was caused by a humanoid being parented to the workspace for some strange reason it was causing a lot of lag in a large map.

1 Like

This has completely broken exporting for us!

This is the message my modeler friend sent me:
“When I export multiple objects containing unique textures, the OBJ file doesn’t contain all of the textures that there should be. Also, when you import the OBJ & MTL files into blender, all of the materials will either be missing, or they will be overridden by other materials inside the same mesh”

We know it’s 100% caused by this update because my MacBook has not yet had the studio update and exporting worked perfectly fine with all textures visible.

Example image of an exported character (the texture gets repeated across the entire character, when the character’s real textures should resemble the shoulder pal’s texture)

4 Likes

Yes, the DataStore return type change fixes method auto-complete issues.

4 Likes

Reverted for now, let me know if it’s fixed.

I had to change quite a lot of code to make this work so it wouldn’t be too surprising if I broke something.

4 Likes

thanks for the fun fact vro :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, it seems to be fixed now

2 Likes

I think this started happening ever since the update 637, currently my client is on 638.

Basically the camera sensitivity is out of order.

2 Likes

Exporting objs fasterrrr les gooo

1 Like