[Release] Platformer character controller

This is some hot stuff, I’ve looked into making a Platformer Game with stuff like this, but I’m a very inefficient Coder myself. Will look into this & try to learn stuff, thank you!

3 Likes

Awesome! But seems to have glitches

is this supposed to happen?

4 Likes

It is not, but i can’t say ive ever had that happen. It likely has to do with the character look at code. You can disable it for the time being. In order to fix it though ill need repro steps.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Tried disabling it but still doesn’t work

3 Likes

Hmm, not quite sure what the issue is then. I tried loading in your avatar and had no problems. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help further unless you can provide the steps needed to get a repro. Sorry :frowning:

5 Likes

I love this! The movement and animations are so smooth! Great work!

1 Like

Just edited this (the character look towards camera thing) to make the player look towards the mouse, as well as having the arms move with any tools equipped!

17 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

any way of fixing this? with the animations and scripts my legs phase through seats.
i deleted any trace of the looking and tilting scripts, but this problem still happens with them?

2 Likes

I have Found A Solution…
The Sit Animation Value In The Animate Script Is Outdated.

This Is for anyone who finds this and has the same problem.

First Open up a Baseplate or any template (or even one of your games if you prefer) all of them will work

Second once you are in the place you have to start up the game
Screenshot%20(458)

Next open up Workspace in the explorer menu

Next open the model of yourself in Workspace

Then Scroll Down Unitll you see Animate( Do not do the steps in the place file that has the animations in it have these steps done in a template or some other game.)

Open It up and copy or cut the sit value

Stop The Game and open up the place file that has the animations in it
Look For the animate script in StarterPlayerScripts-StarterCharacterScripts in the animation place file.

Open the script up delete the existing sit value and paste the new one in.

Thats it your done, seats should work
now. (dont worry about my neck in the game lol)

If you have any questions PM me and i will try my best to help your issue.

–Meeskop

8 Likes

why does this happen?

7 Likes

Good question! It shouldn’t!

Could you list off the items/scaling of your avatar? Additionally, what device and OS you are using? Is this in studio or the client?

If you scroll above a small number of ppl seem to have similar problems, but I’ve never been able to replicate.

2 Likes

the
This can happen in studio or the client for me I think if the player has lag it would for me at least freak-out and fling the player.
I just use a pretty basic Windows computer.

3 Likes

By lag you mean frame rate dropping?

3 Likes

Yes! haha, my mistake sorry.
I’m a bit still new to the DevFourms

2 Likes

I think the custom character controller has a problem with my avatar

4 Likes

I sure hope Ego Moose can fix this glitch with his character controller.

2 Likes

yeahh…

OK

6 Likes

The problem should be fixed now.

Thank you for this. I’m not trying to flex, but I would have never figured this out otherwise b/c I maintain a flat 60fps.

8 Likes

BowBlox9010 from where the character in your game is look like Awes_3 character?

2 Likes