Releasing Character Physics Controllers

HUUUUGE! Been looking forward to parting out humanoids for quite a while!

Does turning off EvaluateStateMachine cause any changes to the physics ownership rules of player owned humanoids/ .Character, or npcs using humanoids?

39 Likes

I see this is using PreAnimation, a while back these RunService methods existed but did not work. When did these start working?

39 Likes

Yeah uhhh how do I get this to work
I am trying and did this
but in studio while playing it does nothing

I have been looking all over the thread and the beta thread even uninstalled studio and reinstalled it but I have no idea what to do

39 Likes

Love this for the increased control over movement, but some parts are pretty janky. For example climbing small parts like railings at least on R6 is difficult. Hopefully this can be changed to resemble the old physics system.

32 Likes

Does the future update to be able to specify an up direction, mean characters will be able to walk on walls, ceilings, etc?

34 Likes

LETS GO!! cant wait for this, weā€™re using a custom movement system to handle gravity switching in our game so this would literally be a game changer.

I have a few questions though;

• How does this affect camera? Are we getting the option to state if we want the camera to flip along with character or will it stay how it is?

• Will the humanoid move controls be reversed when upside down? or are they going to adapt to that?

• Any ETA to when this will arrive? This is an amazing addition and i would love to know when itā€™s releasing :grin::grin::grin:

Thanks for the update!

35 Likes

Awesome, i like the idea of fully customized game characters this might make things easier

30 Likes

Do not follow the steps from the Beta Feature, it does not work. Reasoning is explained in my latest post there.
You can use the example scripts in this post instead

This might be that my initialization script doesnā€™t set a very good SearchDistance for R6 characters. Try using a larger one. Otherwise like I mentioned in an earlier reply, you can write your own ladder sensor instead.

Itā€™s only going to adjust the orientation of the character. If you want to walk on the ceiling youā€™ll need to also add additional forces or change gravity so it works.
Other things like camera and player input will need to be customized if the current defaults donā€™t work for your case. Currently the camera does not rotate if your character rotates, so I assume it will keep its current orientation. The ControllerManager will not automatically change these other systems. We want to keep it self-contained so that other systems can work with it predictably.
ETA is this year.

29 Likes

When do you guys plan on releasing to all platforms on live games?

27 Likes

is there a way to stop the GroundController from making parts endlessly rotate? this hovercraft endlessly rotates and I donā€™t know how to make it stop.
hovercraft.rbxm (12.2 KB)

24 Likes

I never reply to these, but adding EvaluateStateMachine is amazing, life changing.

29 Likes

does this work on R6?
[minimum characters[

22 Likes

Does this affect pathfinding in any way?

23 Likes

Iā€™ve been waiting for this for so long, man.

Oh well, at least itā€™s here. Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t take longer, or I wouldā€™ve lost it.

Also, holy crap, these updates are incredible.

22 Likes

How will the physics controller work with a different network owned platform?

i.e. walking on a train, where the train network is owned by the train driver.

Currently, it does this when a player is standing on a platform whose network is owned by another player. Can the use of physics controllers resolve this problem?

31 Likes

I tried the scripts, and seems ok, except the jumping height is very low (Iā€™m assuming the scripts are to act as normal roblox movement) also, you canā€™t hold jump to jump repeatedly.

On a side note, there is an AirController, does that mean we can have the ability for flight? If so, how would that be coded?

21 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™ve been waiting for this one for awhile.

Any expected ETA on mobile & console rollout?

Thanks so much!

20 Likes

Finallyā€¦ Iā€™m glad this update is finally live.

21 Likes

The part that interests me the most is the instances being able to work without humanoids. Sounds like it would make player marble movements way simpler to make, unless Iā€™m misinterpreting this. Canā€™t wait to see what else is possible with these changes.

19 Likes

I canā€™t figure this thing out but Iā€™m very glad itā€™s finally released! Looking forward to the guide! Gonna try and figure something up in the mean time lol.

Never mind it was easier than I thought! This is really awesome!! xD

17 Likes