Removing Given Clothes

I have to give an Overhead GUI to the player’s head as well as give them some tools

If the tools and/or the overhead gui aren’t in serverstorage, use a localscript to access them; however if they are in serverstorage, just :FireServer() a remote event to clone the tools and overhead gui into the players backpack and character model respectively.

Ok so I tried in studio what u mentioned and the changes do not replicate to the server. So i think there should be remotes involved here.

It can still be done mostly from the client using simple remote event functions in order to replicate the data to the server. I’m not sure if the entire thing was patched or if they limited what the client could actually do to it’s own character model.

If you really can’t find anything, you can just save their clothes into a variable or an array and revert using that. It may not be the best method but is a possible answer.

1 Like

That’s what I have been suggesting for quite a while but he is trying to make some weird reasons why that wouldn’t work.

There’s the “bad way”, basically, refresh the player’s avatar and TP him back to where he was.
Else, you could store his original clothes when he joins into values stored in his PlayerObject? (playerobject= the “player” that is in game.Players) and read those values and apply them to his clothes when he clicks the “Remove role” button.

Or, the classical “You have to rejoin” if none of that works, but one of the two above should work.
If you need help, ask me!

I feel like this thread is somewhat bloated and some of the provided methods are hideously overcomplicated. @Jrelvas1 provided HumanoidDescriptions: this is a good go-to and you should definitely look into it. It’s practically made for this purpose; seamless changing of clothes.

Make use of Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId to fetch the player’s appearance via the HumanoidDescription system. You can then set Shirts/Pants to change into uniform or skip that over to return them to their avatar (or in the case that they change their avatar on the website, their current avatar apperance). Apply the HumanoidDescription and you’re good to go.

local currentAppearance = Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(player.UserId)

local appearanceWithUniform = currentAppearance:Clone()
appearanceWithUniform.Shirt = id
appearanceWithUniform.Pants = "d
5 Likes

The part im struggling is putting it into my RemoteEvent script…

1 Like

Doesn’t work with Accessories, I know I’m 3 years late, apologies.