Removing inactive groups

look at my group Trade.

there’s hundreds of copy-cat groups, that have the exact name (some use some fancy text to make the E special, or have two periods, no period, add an space to the end/beginning etc), and most even use my same logo / some of my old logos

they do not affect my group at all, people join the original (and in this case the most popular, so that’s also an factor)

so groups with same name wouldn’t be an issue…

until you account for this year’s BLOXY awards where there were two FEARs nominated, and the copycat group won, likely because it used the acronym of the original group is known for as it’s group name, and confused voters. but this was done without having exactly the same name so this is already an issue, and would be an issue.

6 Likes

Bumping for support. There’s so many times where I’ve found inactive groups with names I wanted and something should really be done to make them available.

4 Likes

They should take all the robux from inactive groups and pour it back into the economy

The allies/enemies feature should be able to use Group IDs instead. That would be a lot better.

Yes please, but allow the remove group button to always work when youre the owner of the group. I recently wanted to abolish an old group with 1.5k users. I just left the group, but forgot others could take it. At first there was one kid that claimed it just so others couldnt abuse it. But later on he left the group too, and now some other kid is using it to promote his stupid war clan.

2 Likes