Removing packages from a player

Hey everyone. So, I’ve exported an animation from blender, and, though it works perfectly on the block rig, it is broken in the mesh rig, man/woman rig, etc. I haven’t found a workaround yet, as I think this has something to do with the plugin I’m using itself, but can someone teach me how to write a script that removes all packages (Boy, Man/Woman, etc.) from a player, and instead just makes them have the default package?

I suggest checking out Game Settings in your Roblox Studio app, inside the Avatar place.
Hope this helps

1 Like

This is surprisingly painful, due to Roblox’s HipHeight property. There is currently a pending bug where using the correct API for doing this causes some unexpected behaviour.

This is the API you will want to use: HumanoidDescription System

Essentially, you will want to apply a HumanoidDescription to players and set all of the package IDs to 0 - this is described far better in this excellent post: Is there a way to remove packages from an R15 rig? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, although I tried it, and it didn’t work :frowning: But thank you! :smile:

Thanks! I’ll try it and see if it works :smile:

I’ve written the script, although I don’t know where to put it. Since it’s to do with the player, should it be in StarterCharacterScripts? And should it be a local or a normal script?

It should be a serverscript some place it can run I would use ServerScriptService.

You would want to change the character’s appearance on CharacterAppearanceLoaded.

This event fires when the player’s character is added to the world (respawn) and when that character’s appearance has finished loading.

I put it in ServerScriptService, but it’s not working. Could you please show me how to store it, and where to store it, if you don’t mind?

It should be a normal script under ServerScriptService.

Can you show the code in the script and the explorer?

image_2021-04-12_115912
image_2021-04-12_120017

Where do you define humanoid?
You need to get the humanoid from a player’s character.
This should be inside the PlayerAdded event.

Oh, I see. I didn’t write the code myself, I just pasted it from another source, since I don’t know anything about coding. Could you please tell me how to do it? (Sorry for being such a burden :sweat: )

Late response however you would do game.Players.PlayerAdded see what player was added then get the character of the player then get the humanoid