Replace the ro.blox.com share link with the normal Roblox domain

If I recall correctly, www is generally the default subdomain but the default domain can be anything. Excluding a subdomain in a url takes you to the default subdomain. Bit I’m also not a web developer and I hate anything to do with the subject.

2 Likes

Most companies just default to just using ‘www’ as their main subdomain, but they aren’t technically required to have any subdomain as far as I’m aware.

4 Likes

You are able to search up websites without including the “www.” part. Look at the YouTube one I showed as example, it does not include the www. part in the link, because it’s not required as it will still redirect to the specific YouTube content regardless.

1 Like

“ro.blox” is a very good domain, been using it for years and it’s very useful and should stay forever!

I really need this changed, I sometimes share games, and it puts ro.blox.com which looks like a scam link if you are a PC user or never used the mobile share feature, they can just remove the . between the o and b

@DiamondRoPlayz you’re tricking people into thinking you’re sending a scam link

well some people may confuse it as a scam website

also it costs roblox money to keep on using the ro.blox domain

i don’t see a problem on giving the direct link to the game

2 Likes

I know this is a very old post, but thanks for posting this. I thought I just accidentally clicked a cookie grabber. it looks exactly like this link. I was so worried.

I’m sure it’s not an issue for Roblox to keep on paying for blox.com, not to mention that they own loads of other domains as well including

1 Like

Well some links (Ex. rowblocks.com) are in place to prevent any scams from happing with mistyping a link.

rbxtrk.com also serves as a gate or some sort, and rbxcdn.com is a CDN thing too.

But for the blox.com domain, it only serves one function, to share game links. So why not abolish the domain to save money(for their servers of course) or add more functions to it

I know, and I agree, the sharing thing should be removed as well and instead should be roblox.com/share or something similar, however, I don’t think scrapping the domain which they are probably paying less than $100 for a year is a big help for a company like Roblox.

They would probably keep the domain now anyway, in case scammers actually take it and do phishy (pun intended) things with it.

gooblox.com is a old april fool joke when roblox was buyed by google, why not abolish the domain for the roblox server

There is also another problem. Every time I select a link from ro.blox.com I’m sent to Roblox on the App Store

Well have you already installed Roblox on your device?

It’s not really your job to be the financial advisor for Roblox.

Yes I do have it (30limitchar)

Mabye the ro.blox link directs to the app in the default state

Now it’s Cloudflare

no, Roblox cannot make it https://roblox.com/[GameID], Wouldn’t even make sense.

Remember that user, place, asset, bundle, group, pass, badge and so on ids exist, so that cannot be done and everything has it’s own redirect link like YouTube(youtu.be), Twitter(t.co) etc.

also running each domain starts of from prices like £5 a year and that wouldn’t effect Roblox at all and maybe Roblox doesn’t even have to pay for it’s own domains since it’s a big company.

I’ve always used ro.blox.com as a PC user for deep linking all my stuff etc and it’s not tricking anyone, It’s just a deep link for Roblox, same as any other app/site.

For assets it now directs users to the create.roblox.com listing instead of the old roblox.com listing so that wouldn’t really pose much of a problem.

But to circumvent the issue maybe it could be

Anything because the last thing the current ro.blox.com is right now is short (it literally contains the Roblox domain within the share link.) Also I used “e” instead of “g” for games because it would conflict with groups and technically they’re called experiences.

1 Like