Replication System

[size=6]OPEN SOURCE IT[/size]

[quote] Reminds me of something I did in a murder game I was helping with. When the player throws the knife, for example, the server raycasts and does damage instantly. It then tells the clients to simulate a flying knife that flies towards the point on the part it hit.

Ended up looking very, very nice. If you ever do something like that make sure to add an arc. [/quote]

That is genius. What did you do if the knife hit somebody else on it’s way towards its goal?
@OP is also a genius.[/quote]

I just made it move fast enough that that doesn’t happen, lol. I suppose a solution would be to do sequential arc raycasting at the same speed as the knife after the knife is replicated, and if the arc hits something do damage and tell the clients to attach their knife to it, but even then character interpolation and variable ping would make that a wonky solution at best.

Is this realy something that not a lot of people understand? I might make a module for it then.

My game Angels Fifteen does this for the missiles. Definitely makes it way smoother.

@Arceus this is a really hard thing to do, actually. At least, what I did.
@Whimzee and others I would like to open source it, but it’s very integrated. :confused:

Now I can start revealing some things about what I’m making with this:
Make of this what you will.
[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]qfYSgfiD4EM

Is this realy something that not a lot of people understand? I might make a module for it then.[/quote]

I’m no fan of math like that, so yes I’d like that (: