Request was added to queue (OrderedDataStores)

1. What do you want to achieve? I am trying to fix my datastores from giving me this warning because I do not want to lose player data.

2. What is the issue? I get this warning “DataStore request was added to queue.” and the rest of the text…

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried doing different times and I reached 120 seconds (not optimal as that takes forever).

The game has 13 different global leaderboards (13 different datastores) but I can only call GetSortedAsync every 5 + numPlayers × 2, which player counts are usually low and this ends up being 9-25 (mostly lower to 9) making me get this request warning every time they load.

Tables wont work in this case because they are OrderedDataStores

I will include some of the code if asked, although I don’t think it’s needed because its just your average global leaderboard

(Looking for a method on how to fix this)

This error will appear when you are saving data too quickly. Read here

You shouldn’t be writing requests frequently, as there is a cooldown of 6 seconds per request
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Datastore-Errors#server-limits

1 Like

The issue might not be the cool down time between requests, but more that you need to put the requests out of sync. Basically, right when the game starts the game gets 13 datastore requests in a row, which causes an error. Then it waits 2 minutes and adds another 13 requests. It would be better if you had a request go every 10 seconds from a different script each time. Try adding varied waits in each script and see if that helps.

As I had already stated, I know the limits, and the issue isn’t setting the data. The issue im having is preventing the warning from appearing.

I’ll try this out, if it doesn’t work I will get back to you!

1 Like