Requesting developer feedback for social features

I want to be able to @ users on my group wall so they can easily see when their question was answered. It’s currently impossible for them to be notified, so they have to check back on their own fruition.
Doesn’t look like it’s been posted in feature requests.
The ideal solution is to make it a permission on the group admin page, so only those with permission have the power to send their @ name a Roblox notification

55 Likes

I want to share with my players exclusive content such as screenshots, videos and other stuff without needing to use external websites, such as Twitter or Discord (which was already a perfect solution, sadly banned).

The filter also restricts me a lot on this.

One way this could be done is through groups, which are pretty outdated nowadays when compared to the rest of the website. Lilly’s Group Overhaul is a nice solution, and one hack week project was the perfect solution too.

25 Likes

I want my players to be able to leave game reviews / comments on my ROBLOX game, but it’s currently too hard/impossible.

Adapt a user review system similar to steam or metacritic, where the best / highest reviews are decided by players based on “was this review helpful” ratings.

27 Likes

As Younite said, more friends would be even better. 500-1000. Making it better for developers to add their fans in-game. This does cause a lot of fans to be upset, getting “rejected” by someone you look up to is a horrible feeling.

13 Likes

:emojis: would be awesome!

18 Likes

I want to have detailed feedbacks & shout updated of my games but it’s currently too hard/impossible with the current communication & rating system…
It has already been mentioned here. but no action was taken whatsoever.

My ideal solution is to add some sort of chat that the community can use to reach out the developer and vice-versa.

8 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: Discord and Filtering on Roblox

Bring in newer features towards groups. With forums gone maybe see like forums or something for groups?

6 Likes

I want multiple levels of communication on group pages.

Currently we have wall and shouts.

My group gets hundreds of pages of wall posts a day on good days, leaving it ineffective, the two ideal things would be 1. pinned wall posts and 2. Replies to said pinned wall posts or to all wall posts. It’s currently impossible without context clues to hold conversations with group members… I have to either add them to use the chat system, or remove privacy features to let anyone message me to allow conversation.

Pinned wall posts would be used for long term notifications (i.e thanks for 5m visits! Use code 5million for perk) and low level announcements (i.e minor game update log)

Shouts reach all users online quickly, leaving me to use about less as to not spam members…

Admin chat, some where in group admin where users with specific role permissions would be able to leave messages for other users with sane permission. I’m using third party software(discord) to talk with my staff because roblox offers no effective way to talk with 10+ select people at once. Admin chat would solve this.

No doubt these been suggested before, didn’t look for threads though.

Edit: from my point of view, groups are totally waste right now. My group has over 100k members who share common Interests, but we can’t build relationships and discussions unless we leave the group page. Ideally you would have no reason to leave the group page

33 Likes

I want to be able to organize, sift through, and control my place files easily, but it’s currently too difficult. I’ve created a few threads about this in the past:

5 Likes

I would love to utilise player’s age / veteran status / country / gender settings on Roblox in some way.

• Comment section could have language settings for example. Just like Steam’s reviews. Same could apply to games, so we can play with people of specified language.
    Example: My thread - Advanced Server Settings (or at least their improvement)

• Ability to play with veteran players and socialize with them! Same could apply to your age group. We know some people don’t will to play with just kids. They seek more interesting experiences. It is hard for me to find people who have played for long, just like me.

• Gender could have some kind of API on the site and in-game. For example, if your group rank is called “Mister”, it will be named “Miss” for females. Or you can make a script where player starts with a male or female playermodel. Some languages use different words or even sentences depending on someone’s gender as well! We can’t keep everything gender-neutral in the localisation, unless…

I think it would be easy to implement, uniting everyone and groups.
The gender one could add a nice detail tbh.

42 Likes

I want players to be able to view more information about my game such as changelogs but it’s currently too hard.

I also want a better inbox on roblox, which would allow players to message me and I would be able to easily respond and manage my messages. Right now the current inbox for PMs is too messy. You can’t manage your messages in a gmail like format, there is no tabs or folders to drag messages into etc.

I would also like to have the game genre pages re-added. This was an important social feature for networking games. As of right now, if a game isn’t on the FP (front page) it’s nearly impossible to discover.

17 Likes
  • I want to display ALL of my Group’s models on Roblox but it currently only displays the three newest.
  • If it’s been suggested already, I haven’t seen it.
  • In the old days, the Catalog and Developer Library weren’t separated. Right now, all that’s holding my audience back is they have to search my Group’s name under Models. The “See All Group Items” button only displays clothing. It would make things a lot easier for tech Groups to show off their full gallery.
7 Likes

I haven’t made a friend of anyone under 13 since the filter came out. It is not only impossible to communicate with them, but also for them to communicate between other younger players.

I understand the need for a filter, and what purpose it serves. I simply think it is a steaming pile of rubbish year (s?) after it’s launch.

---ADDITIONALLY

I think the split between ‘13’ and ‘under 13’ players is ridiculously oversimplified. I think that age is not some magical line of maturity, and all of the ‘under 13’ settings should simply be settings in your account that the parent or player can change.

Why is 13 a magical age where you can talk more freely? If 13, why don’t we get no filter at 16, or 18?
If you’re worried about kids lying about their age… they already do, and that’s on the parents.

--EVEN MORE ADDITIONALLY

Allowing settings for discord and voicechatting services, would, in my honest opinion, be the best thing you could do for the platform. Censoring ‘discord’ or refusing to promote voicechatting doesn’t inhibit the player’s decision, all it does is make it harder for them to connect together socially after they’ve made it.

Once two people have decided to voicechat, they’re going to find a way to do so, and blocking it seems rather silly.
Especially when there are easy ways to bypass this with twitter and other whitelisted websites. (and there’s nothing, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, you can do about it.)

27 Likes

I want to have more fun using the group system on Roblox but this is currently difficult as the group system is very outdated compared with the rest of the site and has been long awaiting an upgrade. This has been stopping communities from further improving and has limited what groups of people can achieve in both development terms and role-play terms.

There have been many feature requests and suggestions posted on the devforum talking about it. An example would be this: Lilly's Group Overhaul

The ideal solution would be for Roblox to read these popular requests, take them on board and introduce them.

9 Likes

Give us unlimited blocked users limit as well.

Why is it 50 in a first place? There’s loads of trolls, some people might target me, etc.

34 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: User Votes Developer Visibility Discussion

I don’t like the filtering anyways.

People find ways to bypass the system.

Apparently every second player that gets mad at me should get a card from me on Father’s Day.
You can call people tree lovers without the word being filtered.
I start my sentence with “well” (which is my common habit) and it GETS FILTERED.

Have I mentioned I said something like “You can’t get me!” and “me” was filtered.
I was typing “me” so many times and I had to say “*Dawgra”.

9 Likes

I want to be able to moderate my game or published assets (like plugins) comment wall, primarily to remove all the bot comments, but there is currently nothing I can do except report the comments. Reporting comments takes several clicks and is extremely difficult to report a page full of comments that way.
Devforum feature request links:

My ideal solution would be similar to the Youtube comment flagging system. Instead of taking several clicks to report a comment, an easy one-click “Mark as spam” button will make it much easier to flag many comments. Messages marked as spam will be hidden behind a checkbox you have to click, “See messages marked as spam”.

Auto-detecting spam comments and automatically marking them as spam is a complicated undertaking but also would be extremely beneficial for this. Also, only allowing users who have played the game to comment (similar to ratings) would help cut down on spam comments.

15 Likes

I want notifications to work better on Roblox.
I would like to replace certain parts of the sidebar with the notifications feature (trades for example) and would also like to be able to filter notifications so popular people can ignore friend request spam etc.
Choose either notifications or sidebar, not both.
For posts just search notifications #feature-requests and you’ll get a variety of different requests to have notifications be used more.

I would like better systems around filtering and age-appropriate things so adults/mature teenagers don’t need to follow the same, crippingly-strict rules as children.

4 Likes