Requesting developer feedback for social features

I think a change for group games and payouts needs some updating.

I propose that we have the ability to have a teamcreate whitelist on individual games instead of one role allowing access to every game.

Also, make percentages for payouts for individual games instead of the group overall for instances where different devs get their fair share of profitys earned from the games they worked on in a group.

3 Likes

This is mostly for maintaining an “established” community:

I want my players to be able to communicate and socialize within the context of the game outside of the game itself. This is currently way too hard.

It has been brought up many times, like here; Add community discussion boards (Iron Legion's Hack Week Project)

I don’t have an ideal solution, but I really want something attached to the game, and not having to delegate it off to groups. A single wall doesn’t really suffice for me, nothing gets categorized and you cannot really reply to something properly as a result. The hack week project linked above sounds extremely promising at least.

Better party user experience:

I want my players to be able to play together, but it’s currently too hard.

Parties work well for playing together if players can
(a) understand how the system works and know it exists,
(b) can use the system at all (it’s not supported on console).

Many players simply use the “Join game” feature. If a server is full, this leads to some annoying error. I’m getting a very large amount of messages of players being bothered by this, but those players don’t seem to be aware of the party system.

Some improvement could be to show a message proposing to form a party once such an error occurs, showing party notifications in-game, then instantly grouping them up and re-joining a server with enough room for both players.
Or maybe some simple button to quickly form a party from a user’s profile?

3 Likes

I want to do be able to communicate with my followers, and get feedback from players, on Roblox but it’s currently too hard.

Followers
I don’t think this is currently possible, but I would like to send out a message to all my followers.

Game Feedback
It is nearly impossible to get game feedback from players. Rarely do players take the time to send a personal message. How about a feedback button in the game description for players to quickly send feedback.

Groups
Groups are filled with spam and trolls, which makes it a constant chore to moderate. It is easier just not to have a group, rather than go through all the work of keeping a clean group.

4 Likes