Resize/Move: Jumpy & Inaccurate

Hello developers!

Today I’d like to talk about dragging objects in studio. It seems like a change has been made to how dragging behaves in the past weeks or months and it’s incredibly frustrating to deal with. I’m not sure if this is a setting that can be toggled. When trying to resize or move a part, the dragging function seems to snap to different intervals and doesn’t stick to where your mouse is relative to the dragging UI.

My resize interval is 0.2. I start with a wedge part and at size 0.4 x 6 x 6. I am attempting to resize it to 0.4 x 6 x 6.2. But as I begin dragging the resize tool, the UI snaps into an odd location that is in a different position relative to the mouse than it was when I pressed my mouse button down. This issue happens on all intervals (0.2, 1, 10, etc). Below you can see what I mean.

I click the resize UI while it is directly above my mouse. After a slight movement, it is suddenly at the upper-left and has skipped fast over the size I am going for.

This just makes moving and resizing parts more tedious and frustrating than it was before. Resizing parts takes twice as long due to the inaccuracy.

4 Likes