Retiring PointsService

I think a larger portion recognised the joke. :thinking:

They won’t be very severely effected as the API itself is not changing, so no errors on the Roblox side of things. At the end of the day, there are bigger updates that cause breakages than this.

1 Like

it was a great nostalgic feature, still remember seeing the “Points Awarded” message when i did something in work at a pizza place

Ah, at last. I knew this was coming! It was fun while it lasted! :grinning:

Ahh dang…what’s the point of this feature anyways…like no use at all.
Can say this is going more worse…
like I love the old update and features way long back.
I can see few people still liking the PointsService.

It’s not a need question.

It’s just a small thing that’s cool.

Whatever happened to the planned “complete overhaul” of the Player Points? Guess it was just tossed into the Roblox development dumpster like the rest of these features. Such a shame.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that this was satire.

A few use cases does not justify keeping this feature. Times change… it is the job of the developers to keep up to date.

Thanks for the feedback. Updated the original post with your code!

3 Likes

In my honest opinion, this isn’t really a good thing nor a bad thing because even though the player points were a useless thing it was still pretty cool to be awarded them back then in Old Roblox. I don’t know who or why they decided to do this instead of doing something more useful for the game engine.

That’s sadly what happens now adays with any feature that’s decided to be added to Roblox.
First Clouds, then Layered clothing, then 3D faces, and now Playerpoints.

1 Like

PointsService has been deprecated for years. I don’t see any game using them besides something from <2017

1 Like

Yes, I fell for the bait
Yet, you never know! People get really seirious about this sometimes, lol

1 Like

This sounds so much like a bait comment lol

1 Like

Oh hey it’s those things that pop up in the bottom right corner of my screen for a few seconds to tell me I’ve gained some “points” that weren’t even used in the game outside of showing the notification!

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a game properly utilize points in any meaningful way at all, and as soon as data stores became a thing this they became practically useless.

I see no issues with PointsService being retired, as better alternatives have existed for years.

1 Like

probably to farm likes. pretty sad

2 Likes

Didn’t know people cared about likes this much
it’s just a forum, sad.

2 Likes

Is there still any way to use :GetPointBalance()? I want to create a quick project before the PointsService retires but I need this function to work. Currently it only returns 0

1 Like

We will always remember this future back when points were supported.
Fly high. PointsService.

2 Likes

You will be missed PointsService :wave:

5 Likes