rFrameAnimator | A brand new Animation Editor

Its not idiotic at all. I was thinking about adding property animations to rFrame, but decidet against it, because Moon Animator already has that feature and I want rFrame to just be an improved version of the Roblox Editor. Making an editor only for properties isn’t a bad idea though. Maybe I’ll do it in the future. Anyways thx for the suggestion!

3 Likes

game:GetService(“HttpService”):GenerateGUID(false)

5 Likes

Oh I actually didn’t know there was a function like this, thx.

1 Like

I use the default animator, its built in so you can pop out the window, its far more easier to multi select frames, friendlier UI, and such. It’s simply a keyframe editor, all of them preform the same thing, it just comes down to a matter of preference to how it gets done.

3 Likes

To be completely honest, i’m very disappointed in this plugin.

I feel like the graph editor is completely useless, you move around the keyframes and edit the X,Y,Z position values (which you can already do by moving/rotating the position & rotation axis).
I thought the graph editor would be like Blender’s (which allows you to make your own “easing styles”).
Also the entire Timeline & Graph Editor broke when i loaded the plugin up for the first time.

I feel like using Moon or the Default Animation Editor, would be a better option.

2 Likes

Well thx for the feedback. The whole point of a graph editor is to visualize the keyframe offsets, so that you can edit them more easily. Making your own easing styles like in blender is borderline impossible to do. I’m currently implementing bezier interpolation, but the math required to make it work and save-/exportable is very hard.

I would appreciate it, if you would be able to pm what exactly didn’t work when you first loaded the plugin. If you prefer the roblox editor/moon animator, because you don’t like the graph editor, UI or whatever, then just continue using them instead.

2 Likes

The things that didn’t work for the first time loading were the: Timeline & Graph Editor
They didn’t show up at all and i had to restart the plugin in order for them to pop up

The implementation of bezier interpolation is really nice though, once it’s implemented i’ll try it out

One question though, why does the plugin need to inject scripts?
Is it for animation saving?

Its for saving animations. There was no way around that, because the easing styles/framerate settings wouldn’t be saveable otherwise.

To me this looks alot better then moon animator mostly because for me moon animator is to complicated for me i dont animate that much i mostly just play around with it but i mostly use the default roblox animator because of how complicated moon is so this would be a good alternitive for people who cant understand moon that well.

That’s actually very weird, because the Timeline Widget and the Graph Editor Widget are loaded before the Menu Widget. Either they were just behind some other Widgets, or you didn’t select a rig. Anyways I’ll look into it.

I don’t know why people are being so harsh on you. This looks well made and looks like a fair alternative to the currently available editors. Some things aren’t so great, like some UI elements being too big, especially the entirety of the Menu widget, but just because a lot of people are saying “x is better” doesn’t mean you should give up on continuing to update and improve this project.

Some people just really like Moon and will always stick with it. That’s not your target audience.

11 Likes

Finally someone who understands it. @Chahier 's been working on this plugin pretty much every day for the past 4-6 months. All of that work just for someone to tell him that Moon Animator is better :sweat_smile: Btw, this Mari guy is a troll. Don’t interact with him. 22 of his last 25 replies are him asking someone what the point of their plugin/module is, lol.

2 Likes

I see a lot of people talking about moon, I personally never use moon unless its to reflect my animations. Other than that the default one works best for my needs, as well as many of my friends. Moons ui is also complete trash, I had to actually look up a youtube video on how to use it because they really didn’t think about a user friendly experience. Compared to that this seems really nice and I see some features that would probably make my life as a programmer a lot easier. So I’ll probably try this out after the alpha testing phase is over. Also you should try to make a feature to convert r6 to r15 animations it would make my life a lot easier when it comes to making combat animations q.q

1 Like

Its certainly a bit disheartening seeing people call something that you’ve worked on for 4 months completely useless, but if I would listen to those people, then I would’ve quit already. Its not gonna stop me from improving my work, because its not my goal to please everyone.

9 Likes

I use the normal roblox animation plugin, moon is not bad but is too compex. Your animator looks good. Good luck with your project!

2 Likes

Because 1 feature isn’t working as expected? Well, that’s a bit of an overreaction, don’t you think?

2 Likes

This is a huge difference to Moon, I like it because it looks easy to get around in it, unlike moon, theirs is kind of hidden and hard to find everything.

1 Like

Yeah, i guess it’s a bit of a overreaction, but it’s because the feature was (at least for me) never been done/displayed on a public plugin.

(And is something i’ve wanted for years.)

3 Likes

Stop hating on his creation it may not be for you so don’t come and hate on it. It’s just a plugin, grow up.

4 Likes