Rich text chat tags with .Chatted

I have a system for Chat tags in my game, But i am struggling to find a way to make the chat tags appear in the chat the way i want them to.

Most of the chat tag tutorials are outdated (aka use the legacy chat)
So chat tags like .SpeakerAdded wont work, Even if they did, It wouldn’t work how i want it to (if the player changes their chat tag, then it wont show unless they rejoin)

I want so the chat tag’s do not display the player’s name, I have code that will replace a certain word of text into the player’s name for chat tags, So the player’s name will be displayed there instead, And it should be like rich text, so colors can be shown too (certain words colored)

I know i use Item Asylum in a lot of my posts, But that game seems to have a lot of things im trying to do, So here is what i mean:

(there are other chat tags that change the player’s name’s position, like [something] PlayerName [something])

Hopefully i explained this well, If anyone can help, I appreciate it! (if i need to explain anything further, let me know! also im highly sure there is a simple way to do this and im just an idiot lol)

2 Likes

Next time, search a little bit deeper. There is a similar topic to this.

(if you are using textchatservice)

and maybe if your using the legacy chat service, try this?

2 Likes

Thanks, The first one worked (albeit with a ton of changes)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.