RichText Newline Offset Bug

Bug:
NewLines have a weird offset on the text (\n and <br/>)

Reproduction:
1: Create two TextBoxes
2: Enable RichText on one of them
3: Add a NewLine and then any text after it on them both
Replication.rbxm (3.0 KB)

16 Likes

I’m also getting this bug, Using RichText slightly offsets all text except for first line, still going on hopefully we can get a fix…

1 Like

This issue still persists. I am bumping this topic and hopefully it is recognized.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue as well. Different members of the Uplift Games / Adopt Me team keep running into this same problem on different projects. It’s a significant issue with RichText that needs to be recognized.

14 Likes

This continues to be an issue.

In the meantime, you can mask the issue by prepending text with a space at the start and making it small.
For example, using the Code font at size 18, adding the following hides the misalignment by pushing the first line forward:

<font size="5"> </font>
1 Like

Are there any updates to this issue? It’s really annoying and surprising how it hasn’t been fixed for over a year.

1 Like

It appears a potential fix for this bug was pushed in the most recent Roblox update (Version 512). However, we will have to wait until the flag is turned on for the fix to see if it fixes this specific issue.

4 Likes

Hope this gets pushed soon - it’s so annoying!

1 Like

This is still an annoying problem, here is an example of this happening when TextXAlignment is Right:

2 Likes

This issue has been persistent for years and continues to be so. Another annoying issue that persists is that RichText STILL becomes blurry when using TextScaled.

This is ridiculous.