RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

I can say it is unlikely they will be removed, as it will break many older games and simpler use cases which do not justify RichText.

1 Like

Yes, i am having the same bug, this is not only you

This could be a great tutorial for #resources!

I know I’d certainly like to know how to do this!

2 Likes

Sometimes when you have Richtext enabled in the textlabel it gets disabled again. Or possibly happens because maybe not everyone has Richtext enabled in Studio beta features.

[teamcreate]

1 Like

At least this will make text more interesting. Thank you for adding this!

comic sans next :joy: :sob:

However Rich Text looks amazing

Yea, I have experienced this bug too. It seems to only happen in Team create places for me.

1 Like

Will there be support for anything like shaky/vibrating text?

Another amazing update! Can’t wait to try it!

1 Like

Going back on my previous post here are some pictures of what I mean,

This is when RichText is enabled in Team Create.

This is when disconnected or just closing studio and reopening the game. The RichText is no longer enabled.

(The Beta Feature is still enabled)

10 Likes

I cant wait for this feature to work In-Game and use it. This is such a big upgrade for the UI system :smiley:

Seems like an issue

2 Likes

I don’t think that is an issue. It’s working as intended you just have to find a way around that.

9 Likes

Your dialog system needs to account for tags and instantly write them, as well as automatically adding closing tags to any tags without a close.

3 Likes

I’m just curious, is there a way to display the escaped form without it getting replaced? For instance if I literally wanted some text to be & (especially in cases of user input).

1 Like

I’m having that issue, too. Is there any way to fix that?

1 Like

Break up your string by tags.

Practically a list that contains segments of regular text and tagged text. When you’re typing out the tagged text you’ll have the tag that belongs to that piece of text so you can automatically add in the start and end tag and THEN insert the new characters between them instead of at the end of the string.

That’s one method you can use that doesn’t require too much of a change, but a change is needed regardless.

4 Likes

&&

That’s what & is, in part, for.

2 Likes

finally! we have more gui text customization!

1 Like

We need TextScaled support, my custom chat uses this but when someone writes a long message you know what happens

Edit: I now use gettextsize to make my chat bigger so text scaled doesnt matter to me except for a big gui on the center of the screen(a game that im developing) that i show announcements and i use richtext on it

2 Likes