Roblox’s Algorithm Changes Are Killing Our Game

Mine tanked pretty dramatically after a week to back to where it was a month ago. Was around 1.6k concurrent and now back to 50 or less.

3 Likes

island gods also had a similar thing happen, it hit its all time peak about 10 days ago and now appears to be dipping down to roughly the level it was at before the increase started

it’s impossible to know, when these sorts of things happen, whether it is caused by changes you actually made to your game or just changes to abstract portions of the algorithm.

this makes for an incredibly frustrating developer experience, where you never know what is driving the fall-off or the gains.

i would really appreciate more transparency in how my game is being weighted. i can look at my metrics all i want, but if i’m above the 50-90 percentile range in every category, why is this happening? how the hell does it work?

4 Likes

This is deadass making me pissed off. How is anyone supposed to develop on roblox if your game can be popping one week, and dead the next. It genuinely makes no sense how a thread with multiple of the sites largest developers complaining can be promptly disregarded/ignored.

8 Likes

All my games are dead now, they use to be 1k ccu+ each

1 Like

A few other games that got hit

2 Likes

Here is more work from the algorithm.

1827 people found my game from Home on October 13.
63 people found my game from Home on October 24.

This isn’t a brand new game, it’s been out and with players since March 2016.

10 Likes

Guys why does the algorithm changes?

Can confirm this is also happening to all of my games, sudden 50+ player drop, we used to run 70-80 players on a bad day; now we’re running below 20.

This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

This exact thing happened to my game. “Server Simulator” During the same time

Ya, my game lost like 40% new users around the same time. My game used to hit 7k-8k CCU on week days and now it’s been cut in half to a small 4.6K peak on week day. My new visits are also cut in half.

Can you please include a link to your place?

Same goes for everyone in this thread. It makes it much easier to diagnose issues.

7 Likes

Been hitting some new lows lately

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Noticed a HUGE Drop off in impressions on October 15th.

1 Like

This is the same day we had ours in island gods.

2 Likes
1 Like

I feel like mine is a good case study too as it experiences the boom-and-bust cycle more than any game I’ve ever seen. Maddening

2 Likes