Roblox available now on PlayStation!

The roblox Xbox app looks great like PlayStations
A lot of improvements although i have to fix the screen size everytime i join a game

3 Likes

ok but playstation “modding” has nothing to do with roblox… congrats that they can rollback their psn version and play emulated games, doesn’t help them exploit roblox though… it takes alot more than just having a lua executor/injection capabilities, there’s hundereds of lua executors out there that have nothing to do with roblox and therefore don’t work…

I don’t see ANYONE being able to exploit on playstation ever, essp to the point where they would give up on adding chat.

2 Likes

Xbox is trash compared to Playstation, Even the game pass library sucks hahahaha at least sony gives us good games for our upgrades.

1 Like

Technically the series x is more powerful than ps5 if that’s what your talking about by trash lol but PlayStation is so much better in my opinion!

1 Like

A critical lesson to learn for the switch release, work with your developers. 2 weeks was not enough time, making all xbox games work on playstation was not the right choice.

Work with games that do well on console and make sure they have proper support and promote them on that platform before releasing it and maybe the reception won’t be so horrendous.

5 Likes

True but it’s not worth it paying for 400 dollars for a video console, at that point just get an pc that can play video games and other stuff, they’re also greedy with one of their “professional controller” costing 200 dollars. Plus their game library is also kinda meh? Like most of their games are just PS4 games.

Sony is basically Apple/EA at this point.

“most of their games are just PS4 games”
You mean Like every other release?.. PS4 catalog was mainly filled with PS3 games at first just like PS5 is filled with PS4 games… It’s not the companies fault its developers faults. Sony can’t force third-party developers to design games for one console or the other… that would be like expecting Roblox to now force users to make games for only console because the console games are limited in quantity haahahaha

as for the $200 controller you mentioned… its not like that is mandatory, reg PS5 controllers go for $65usd and less, If you got $200+ to waste on a custom controller that doesn’t do much more than the reg one then go for it.

“at that point just get an pc”
that way 9 out of 10 games you buy are just bad pc ports of console games and make you wait months for patches hahaha

1 Like

Even I want to fix the size of screen…is not work
I only can play it with oversize…

2 Likes

When will the Playstation option be in the support form?

imagen

5 Likes

Maybe in the next 10 years??? cause we don’t know when…

1 Like

Try editing the form. Surely has a chance.

It works great on my Playstation device! I’ve been waiting for this for a very, very long time

3 Likes

Roblox should add Trophies to the PlayStation version

4 Likes

Roblox running in a compatibility layer like Wine or a fork like Valve’s Proton works wonders even on older systems, if you want to run Roblox on a Steam Deck then I’d suggest looking at a bootstrapper like Grapejuice or Vinegar

To install these, I’d suggest using SteamOS’s main method of installing software outside of Steam, via Flatpak, in Desktop mode you should be able to search for an application called the “Discover”, this is KDE’s Flatpak client which comes bundled with SteamOS

If you want to have to seamless experience with launching directly from the standard view in SteamOS, then I would add Roblox as a “non-Steam game”:

Then you’ll be able to launch Roblox without constantly loading into Desktop mode!

3 Likes

Make a setting to turn the main menu music on/off

3 Likes

Give us an option to switch from the ambient music to the old Xbox theme song and turn off the music all together

4 Likes

@roasmblox @goldzun @NoUniqueAddress

As others have said, we need an option to toggle the background music in the console version of the universal app. Not only a toggle to turn it on and off, but also a toggle to hear old music, the one that was on the Xbox version for so many years.

I love that music was added, albeit not at launch, but we’d like toggles for it.

As an aside, as I’m sure staff knows, there’s not a great way to do feature requests as a Member (TL) on the forum, but also for console-related things. I know the focus has been improving bug-report flow, and it’s the holidays, but I feel mentioning this is relevant.

It would be more work to have to respond to the same bit of feedback privately than to say it publicly. Thus, I am advocating publicly, in the way that I can, rather than in DMs.

6 Likes

albeit i agree with this one should have toggle button for main menu music on/off like from earlier xbox version on roblox,i love that xbox music. also roblox support needs comparately for playstation, but asides there were silent main menu which makes then boring but the music would able to toggle it

2 Likes

I have the option on my phone now, not sure when it was added:

image (click)

The above is also relevant to this quote:

2 Likes

I see that y’all are working on Console Communication

Is there any estimate to when in the “future” will this happen, since this has been said since 2019-2020.

4 Likes