Roblox available now on PlayStation!

ROBLOX is already rated T at this point.

Also why is the game marked as PS4 game when its loaded on PS5 its using PS4 version?

1 Like

Also if they made a way for console to ā€˜voice to textā€™ chat that would open communications with the rest of the platform.

IDK what the percentage is but I would guess that majority of players are text chat only.

1 Like

Future lighting is indeed supported, except moderately detailed games donā€™t really perform very wellā€¦ if at all.

*Iā€™m using a PS4 Pro displaying at 4K.

1 Like

Very cool that Roblox is finally on Playstation. I remember seeing the rumors.

Also, since we have a Playstation version, does that mean we will see Roblox on Nintendo Switch?

As a Roblox developer, this would make supporting consoles easier if we donā€™t yet have a Xbox or Playstation.

1 Like

Tested this out on my PS5 disc edition, and uhā€¦ the performance isnā€™t great. For a next gen console running last gen (or older) graphics, this is sad. Even the home menu lags. Iā€™ll definitely stick to my PC, but at least it opens up for more players on the platform. The more Robux being spent on my gamepasses, the better :sunglasses::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Use your Phone, or PC to do 2FAā€¦ Thereā€™s no point in constantly struggling about it.

That is entirely true and bad at the same timeā€¦ This now means that developers still wonā€™t focus on console at the same level as PC.

Hopefully Roblox does something to help this.

Adding a Discovery Tab would be a great startā€¦ But adding the ability to spend Robux on game passes would be an Amazing start!

1 Like

I absolutely love this Update, but I must sayā€¦

The performance on Consoles is something to worry about. The fact that Old Gen, nor New Gen can play Roblox consistently without having Major Lag Spikes, is outrageous.

But I fully trust Roblox to fix this. And I hope that they do.

2 Likes

Lots of people still use a PS4, only a PS5 port would give no benefit to income stream.

3 Likes

When will Roblox come to Nintendo switch?

2 Likes

Dunno, possibly never?
Nintendo doesnt like fangames of their games.
guess what platform has fangames of nintendoā€™s games?
Roblox.

5 Likes

Only Linux/steamdeck support left nowā€¦

2 Likes

It looks good, but unfortunately, it doesnā€™t perform great on the PS4, hoping you guys can make optimizations sooner or later!

1 Like

Isnā€™t sony planning to end PS4 support by 2025

1 Like

Will you add access to Playstation controllerā€™s gyro in the future? Is it already there?

5 Likes

Thank you, this is great, i would like to ask though, are we getting support for ps5 dualsenseā€™s adaptive triggers? I personally think that would be pretty cool

5 Likes

Oh one has to disable 2FA? That would mean losing verification for developers like me. Thatā€™s quite a big issue.
Luckily the devs all have more than one account, but still it feels bad not being able to use all your accounts on the platform (maybe itā€™s the same on Xbox, I donā€™t know).

Edit: you can log in through a mobile device using a QR code; all good.

2 Likes

All we need is support on Nintendo Switch.

Edit: not to forget other consoles / platforms.

4 Likes

Did this update cause some big issues or something? Roblox is having some service disruptions right now, hope they get fixed soonā€¦

2 Likes