Roblox BodyVelocity and BodyGyro [BUG REPORT?]

Ever since todays Roblox Update, it seems to have completely broken both BodyVelocity and BodyGyro, Is there any work around to this bug or am I permanently stuck with a broken item?

https://gyazo.com/66ae46e24ce3eaa61d8c2c08a4619134

[It seems to completely fling the character to the void]

This was not broken yesterday and I took a break, and haven’t touched studio in a few days, meaning this issue was Roblox’s Fault.

I would love to get feedback or any kind of way to get around this.

11/30/2022 - Bug Day

3 Likes

Yea, both BodyGyro and BodyVelocity seems to be broken since the recent update. They didn’t post release notes yet.

1 Like

The exact same thing is happening to me. I have no idea the solution or what to do and this is the first post i’ve seen about it.

They’ve been deprecated for some time now, and what that means is that if/when they break, there’s no guarantee they will be fixed. The burden was on us to switch to the newer system. Now might be a good time to do that.

1 Like

AFAIK, this is not likely to be fixed. Please use the new constraints objects, they should be subclasses of Constraint. In reference where to find those, you can find them in this box, second section of the dropbox.

The thing is, I don’t think flight can be replicated with this “Constraints”, They don’t work the same.

1 Like

Under what condition don’t you believe they are the same?

Refer to this topic:

Right, I’ve been looking into constraints for a while now, and for example body velocity has max force which I can manipulate the max force of with a vector 3 but this is not the same case with line force nor linear velocity.

The newer system is broken too, what do we do??

They just don’t operate the same, I’ve tried to Replacing them to see, But not quite the same at all, my game operates on this super heavily.

1 Like

It is currently happening to me and I figured it was due to the new update.

Good news is it appears to only be happening in studio for me…

They made it clear on that these old things are deprecated from the start. I don’t know why this isn’t transparent enough for you to see, but try adjusting things back and forth and see if you can replicate the same behavior using constraints. It’s that or use broken features.

https://gyazo.com/65ea932bc3767e17554f80482f455dba

They Fixed the bug, I’m SHOCKED

5 Likes

On the second thought, maybe some engineer might have accidentally flipped something and broke the legacy body movers. These things are not supposed to break completely in one day.

Oh that’s awesome, I already had time to replace all my deprecated bodymovers to the new ones lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.