Roblox Chat Error

Hi! I noticed an issue in my game where nobody could chat. They could type in the box if they clicked, but they couldn’t send anything. I checked the F9 errors, and was given this;

However, the Roblox Chat modules were never edited and aren’t in the game studio at all. I’ve tried copying them over and seeing if that fixed anything, but to no avail.

Would anyone happen to know a fix to this issue?

1 Like

I’m no scripter. But, maybe a model you inserted into the game has a script that causes this?

1 Like

I did look into any possibly other viruses or scripts, but I did not see anything that could be causing this issue. I made sure to check for require,getfenv, etc etc.

1 Like

How about plugins?
Do you have Code Kingdoms?

Not sure if this helps but it has to do with plugins, and debugging.

That’s about debugging (running plugins to make sure they work as intended) in studio, not looking for viruses.

1 Like

I know, I said that in my post.

Well, that’s off-topic, you guys are talking about finding viruses but then you come up with a “fixing plugins” link.

1 Like

This is also off-topic. Delete your message and I will delete mine.

checkmate.

Just tell me when you delete your message. In case you forgot.

Actually no, since he is warning you.

1 Like

I done some search here in studio, and what i have found the script that apparently got destroyed:

Seems to be the ChatServiceRunner.

Try pressing Ctrl + Shift + F while in the game, and type in: “ChatServiceRunner:”

Try doing this while in the testing mode as well.

This is off-topic.

That is how it feels. :upside_down_face: