Roblox China Protest UI

You’re showing the message in-game as opposed to it being on the website, not to mention it’s not linking to the bulletin board.

1 Like

The Chinese Roblox platform is separate, there is no connection between Roblox and LuoBu platforms. Although I’m not a supporter of Chinese government policies, putting a “protest” UI in Roblox games seems kind of useless. You’re targeting the wrong people; players, most of whom are children.

Overall Roblox isn’t a platform for political activism, you can do that somewhere else. If developers want to work with them, that is their choice. It’s a matter of money vs morals, and it does not directly affect you. These policies on the Chinese platform will not transfer over to the rest of the world, whatever you may think. Developers will not welcome overarching restrictions outside of China, so it would harm Roblox’s income to adopt those policies.

You need to take into account that the entire population of China is not evil, and for the most part they want the same things anyone else does. Operating in China doesn’t suddenly make you a supporter of their government. You are creating a product, that is taking in revenue from China. Yes, in some way a large Chinese corporation and/or their government is profiting from that. But they are also profiting from almost every consumer purchase due to manufacturing and global investment.

TL;DR – you’re not being forced to work with China on Roblox. If your morals prevent you, that is fine, but don’t use the platform for political activism as it’s not the right place for it. It’s an individual’s own choice to work on or off the LuoBu platform.

3 Likes

Roblox is doing evil with the dictatorship, and yes, we should let the players know about it.
No matter children or teens. They have the right to be informed.

Not the hero we needed, but the hero we deserve. Nice work.

2 Likes

They’re against the government. Not Chinese people. By doing business with China, you are allowing U.S companies to be dictated by policies that China set. For example, having a Winnie the Pooh game would be banned, because it would offend a certain politician. This goes against western values, and the ability to practice free speech without being persecuted by a government.

Imagine it’s WWII. Why would U.S companies be forced to do business with the German government, just because “oh it’s discrimination against the German people”. No, it’s not. First off, it’s a video game. Second, it’s not Roblox developers who are preventing Chinese players from accessing the site. It’s China doing this, with their authoritarian government. You should direct your moral qualms towards the Chinese government, not some Roblox developers who refuse to comply with China’s policies.

3 Likes

“Exposing children to outside media in a dictatorship is clearly aiding the dictatorship”

This has the same energy as hating the Russians instead of the Soviet government

1 Like

I’m actually starting to see some parallels between LuoBu and the USSR’s White Coke (Бесцветная кока-кола). Both are a new version marketed to a dictatorship, but neither has to affect the original product.

Many devs think that their cola (Game) will have to be white (China-friendly), because if they market to the dictatorship, they have to make it white.

However, it is entirely optional to sell to the dictatorship, and if you don’t sell to the dictatorship, your cola doesn’t have to be white.

Heck, I don’t even think there’s a rule against having a compliant version for the China program and a non-compliant version for Global distribution.

I think there is some confusion I’ve read above, Roblox is still the same brand in China, except that Roblox China is made for the China Market, its pretty much like saying Roblox Germany, or Roblox Russia, they are the same brand still.

Are ROBLOX DevForum links NOT allowed on ROBLOX anymore?

@MrWarriorAnt
You are absolutely allowed to direct users to the devforum from within a Roblox game. It is not against ToS. On top of that, the announcement thread is an official Roblox thread, you’re absolutely allowed to direct people to it. Please read the section at the top of my post about spam. I have responded to your concerns before, and you are creating unnecessary clutter by repeating non constructive criticism.

@LowPolys
I have responded to your concern before, and, as I stated above, this is not targeted towards the players of your games. Secondly, this is not about things directly effecting the platform, this is about things potentially having indirect effects on the platform. Of course I do not believe that rules from Roblox China will spread to Roblox, I address that in a reply above.

This is not about the population of China, the people of China, etc, please read my post. I have already replied to this concern prior. I do not believe that “the entire population of China is evil.” Again, this is simply about voicing issues with the Roblox China program. This has nothing to do with the population of China being anything, its just unrelated, and you’re portraying me in an unnecessarily hostile way.

You’re not being forced to use my UI either, again, please read my post, I address a lot of your issues already. This isn’t about “political activism” either, its simply about voicing problems. I have responded to everything in your post several times before, both in my main post, and in replies, and, its getting increasingly annoying to continuously repeat myself to address the same things.

@alexthecool600
Roblox China is a different platform, the thing with Roblox globally is that generally its the same platform and the same games are still shown, whereas Roblox China isn’t even operated by the same people necessarily.

@SlipperySpelunky
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-china-protest-ui/1023728/72?u=hexcede
You should use PMs to ask this question, I also don’t know what you’re referring to.

Temporarily closed as requested by the post owner due to excessive spam.