Roblox Client Refuses to Launch When Opening From a Browser

Tested launching Roblox on Chrome, doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I also tried launching Roblox from Firefox, it also doesn’t work, but I got this error aswell.

3 Likes

Delete Roblox completely from your pc and reinstall it. You can also try restarting your computer after too. Also check for other updates for Windows and maybe try updating it.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this has already been reported multiple times now… Beginning to think that Roblox doesn’t want to update the website app anymore :grimacing:

3 Likes

well how will private server links work then?

2 Likes

No clue. Knowing Roblox right now, they probably don’t know or care.

2 Likes

Contact A roblox employee and ask them to reset your channel.

3 Likes

I’m using the workaround in the post you mentioned but I get this error:

2 Likes

Also, I’m friends with a Roblox employee but they only work with avatars.

3 Likes

@Bitdancer if you can get Roblox to look into this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

What I meant by linking the post was that I was only able to fix that by contacting Bitdancer. Ask him to reset your channel.

1 Like

I’ve messaged him and I’m waiting for a response.

1 Like

Update: My channel is production, still don’t know what’s causing the issue, it’s probably on Roblox’s end.

1 Like

Update Update: Definitely on Roblox’s end.

2 Likes

according to staff, this isnt usually a good idea, but try using bloxstrap to change your channel to LIVE and see if that helps

2 Likes

Having same exact problems, can’t start roblox from Google Chrome. App is working. Tried to clean cache, reinstalling roblox and looking if something blocks roblox client from starting, nothing works. I’m having this problem for a long time already. Strange the fact that Roblox Studio is working properly, I hope roblox not stopping users from using Browsers to start up their games! Their app sucks!

10 Likes

I’ve found the solution! For anyone who can’t start roblox from his browser, but can from roblox app needs to do this to fix it:

Firstly, get into roblox file folder, you can do that by right clicking Roblox Player on your desktop and choosing “Open File Location” option.

(if you can’t find Roblox Player, you can find roblox file directory manually by searching it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Roblox\Versions. You should find version folder that has RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe inside of it)

After you’ve found the folder, you should just start RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe, it should load for a bit and then you’ll be able to start roblox from your browser.

23 Likes

Yup, this works. Thank you very much, I was about to go insane over that atrocious app.

1 Like

Albeit temporary, it is a fix!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.