Roblox Not Allowing Roblox Group Links?

It brings back the same error of The url must match the social media type

This is going to sound really stupid, and it might not even work, but maybe do what you did in the second screenshot, but add a single slash after the ID. Links and URLs are weird sometimes.

Gives me the same erro as the post above yours.

Try removing everything before roblox too

I expected that. If you cannot figure it out, I would just contact Roblox support and see if they can help any.

I’m not sure how that would help, Its asking for a URL, and not a GroupId

No, just make it so it’s like this:
and see

This worked for me.

1 Like

This won’t work because it is asking for the full url.

2 Likes

Yea , i forgot, this bug was also posted in Roblox Group Link Type - The url must match the social media type but still hasnt been fixed for some reason

Its odd because earlier I did it with my actual game, and this is my friends group which I help Manage, and I know I have the proper permissions to add a Social Link to the Game I’m currently in, So its odd that I cant add the Link to my friend’s group to their game, I may have to ask them to do it?

1 Like

Yeah, it doesn’t allow this link in the talent hub either for some reason. It’s probably a bug.

Anyways, try removing the name of the group from the URL. If that doesn’t work, I’d call it unintentional behavior, which means it’s a bug.

1 Like

I also have this issue with discord links and when I want to link a roblox game using the roblox chat it gets tagged, lol

Yeah, thats basically what I said here, so maybe a bug.

Because roblox doesnt exactly allow you to take users off the platform, or “Promote Stuff”

I used to need to change the title of the asset to ‘#’ because it always got moderated. Maybe try that?

Doesnt allow me to, as when I try to add anything beyond the GroupId, it will start saying that I have to match the social media type

I’m referencing the discord links on the page you’ve showed. And regarding the chat, I meant the friends-only chat. For example when I press “invite friend” it just sends a tagged message

1 Like