Roblox Free UGC Limiteds

Hello! I am Scriptz7.

I have recently seen a boost in popularity with the games that are including quests to receive a free UGC limited.

I am curious on how you would go about scripting that, so once the player completes all the quests/objectives it will give them the limited.

2 Likes

Which part are you strugglling with?

You basically just code an objective into the game, that when completed, prompts the player to purchasse the UGC, making use of MarketPlaceService’s PromptPurchase

To get the UGC, you need to apply for the UGC program and hope you get in, then just create it and upload it (note that uploading limits costs robux)

3 Likes

To be honest, can anyone tell me what UCG means?

1 Like

User created grimance shake​:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:i think (ofc im jking coz idk)

4 Likes

I shall do some research to get things clearer, thanks for your hint.

2 Likes

User generated content. That is all I can tell.

3 Likes

Ty for this info i will try to make a limited idk if ppssible tbh

3 Likes

I have an uploader for the ugc limited. It is just that it has to be off sale, and than when I prompt the player, it will go onsale so the player can buy it? That is the part I am confused on

(screenshot is from here)

Down the bottom of the configuration page for the UGC item, above the publish button and above the amount due button, there is a drop down menu for “Sale Location”. You can adjust the Sale Location to be for a single experience. Using this, it means that it can’t be purchased through the normal marketplace, and only in your specific game. This is how other games do it!

1 Like