Roblox GUI builder is absolute GARBAGE!

I feel as this response is insensitive and dismissive. Rather than telling him that he is a “bad developer” you should explain these less well known concepts. I think a custom scale script would work. I think its annoying roblox cant provide a decent enough platform to prevent this.

Telling him he was bad would be more insensitive and dismissive, on top of being offensive. At least I explained to him my own opinions and objections, so it’s not as dismissive.

you misunderstood my point, i meant in Size Scale, or Position Scale, not Offset for Padders. also, some padders do indeed have Scale and Offset.

You said using offsets as a whole, not a specific type of offset. So I assume you meant talking about all of them. But still, scaled size and position will still have problems if they’re the only thing being used. It’s best that you use a combination of them. :person_shrugging:

Should’ve explained myself more.

I think that a custom script for scaling should work.

How we would do it is bassically scale the offset based on the to something like this:

local size = gui.Size
local VX = mouse.ViewPortSizeX
local scale = size.X/VX
local defaultScale = 1
– would be whatever size/VX is on default studio dev screen

local newScale = defaultScale - scale
gui.Size = Size*newScale

my ears burn :yum:
Thank you for this tutorial btw will use later :yum:

Yeah, the UI builder is definitely the absolute worst part of roblox studio. Do yourself a favor and switch to something like roact or fusion.

i don’t need a scaling script, i need a script that gets the position of a frame inside a UIGridLayout, and i’ve tried many approaches yet haven’t found a solution yet.

This might help? New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta] It was recently announced.

cope thread

1 Like

To me they are fine, just sometimes annoying lol

Its not what I want. i Want it so that it work like it should

You should submit a #feature-requests:studio-features about how they should improve it :))

it’s supposed to be loud = funny :joy: but i enjoyed it

yeah I think you are the one wrong here, I dont think it is garbage, you are just not experienced with UI in general, people tend to use scale a lot, but the correct way is offset unless you have a good reason why to use scale, like scalling it full size, or half the parent, you need to use offset, makes no sense to use scale in a scrolling frame

This is certainly quite the rant that i do not agree with at all…

1 Like

no. you should be using scale almost all of the time. Offset is to be used only when you’re initially scaling UI. I’ve been doing this for 5 years, I’d know.

If you mean with ScrollingFrames, then yes, Offset is the way to go.

Nope, as I said earlier, people wrongly tend to use scale a lot due to lack of experience. or one of the main reasons is for lazy scalling on different screen sizes, but a team would have a code system to do that while still using offset

You might wanna check more serious UI development tools.

Sure if you are just a designer and you dont care, or if your UI is VERY simple you would use scale, but if you are familiar with professional tools like Figma, Framer, etc, you never use scale.

Even roblox itself in their internal UI use offset. you might also wanna check some plugins.

I’ve made a plugin to help for UI development. I’d know

great. I dont care if you are a “UI plugin maker.” I’ve worked with professional UI designers who work for multiple hundreds of dollars who design for games with millions of visits. Never met anyone who legitimately uses offset for their UIs. And you clearly dont know what you’re talking about because 9-slice (which is what you’d use for UI imports from e.g. Figma, Photoshop etc) is literally a form of Scale. You don’t know. What you’re doing is severely overcomplicating a field of work that truthfully is not complicated at all and is not meant to be such. We don’t need an entire fullscreen confusing plugin just so you can backup your BS claims. Please legitimately learn UI design before arguing.

This claim is also bogus. Vast majority of CoreGuis use Scale with a MINIMAL combination of Offset.